Honda CB750 Sandcast

Hola from Mexico, sandcast #83

MexicoCB750

• SN# CB000063
    • View Profile
I just traded a 1969 CB 750 K0. The story is pretty amazing, in 1969 the son of Mexico's president went to the Paris Motorcycle show. There he fell in love with the CB 750 and ordered one.
The bike was delivered to the presidential house in his name. CB's were not imported to Mexico until 1972.
The engine number is: CB750E1000063 and frame number is:  CB750100081. The bike is about 85% original, it has been repainted. 12000 original Kilometers, less than 10k miles.
The engine runs strong and has a soulful purr. This weekend we'll tune it up and start the restoration. My plan is to finish with a period correct cafe racer mod. Nothing dramatic, just bring out the supersport!
I'll post pics and videos.

sandydogg

• View Profile
Hola mi amigo, bienvenido al foro! Es una motocicleta bajo número que ha encontrado, y la historia es muy bonita!  :o Saludos, John

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Saudações brasileiras, bem vindo ao clube e parabéns por ser proprietário de uma sandcast de dois dígitos. Fico com invejado. Não me recordo de ter conhecimento de outra com numeração tão baixa. Tomei a liberdade de escrever em português pois acredito que você não terá dificuldades em entender.   

gary

• View Profile
That's great what a find your a lucky guy. I wish I could fly to Mexico and by it and ride it back to Canada . All the best. I will watch for some photos. Gary

mexbiker

• View Profile
Apologies, have been absent from the forum for a while - have to admit to having my head turned by a couple of Ducatis and a couple of Hinkley Triumphs and the Hondas have been somewhat neglected as a result!!

Clearly the world is a small place - I lived in Mexico until 2012 and shipped back to the UK two 40' containers, full of bikes and a '65 VW Split Screen combi that I accumulated during my stay. Most of the bikes were Triumphs from the 1960's, since there was a Triumph agency in Mexico at that time. I did, however, have the good fortune to buy an ultra low mileage K6 and a Sandcast. Mine is not as low a number as yours, but was purchased by the original owner and imported into Mexico from new in 1969, so clearly there were, at one time, at least two Sandcasts in Mexico. If yours was originally purchased by the son of the Mexican president, at that time, he would have been Gustavo Diaz Ordaz, right?

Would love to see some photos of the bike as you found it and as it is now!!

Cheers,

Richard