Honda CB750 Sandcast

Parts For Sale on eBay

kp · 16 · 3342

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I suppose everybody has been watching the current lot of Sandcast parts being sold on eBay  :-\ Well I have seen some high prices but I have to sigh when I see the start price of this stuff. I would say the first thing of disappointment is the break up of a sandcast however without genuine early parts for sale it makes it difficult for those trying to source items to complete that dedicated restoration. I do find it incredible that anyone would think that commonly available item such as a kick start shaft is worth $400 or a used cam chain slide is worth $125 :o The prices are just off the planet so much so they're heading for Jupiter  ;D
Thoughts   KP
Yabba Dabba KP

1941wld

• View Profile
KP,
I've looked at these auctions.
It's making me sick.
The guy is looking for someone, who does not have the education, to sell a very common part for an outrageous price.
How can we stop this?
Perhaps we could ask the seller if these are the same parts for the k1 and k2 models.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I saw these parts as well and it's not the first time he has done this. Most of his stuff doesn't even get a bid and just vanishes. There are a few desirable items he is getting some attention on. I guess from my perspective he is not mis representing "sandcast" items as do many other sellers. At the end of the day he will get what the market will bear for his parts. I suspect for the most part, that will be $0.00.
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I can hardly hold back my anticipation to see the engine and frame appear. Oh what joy those prices will be  ;D
Kar-Ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yabba Dabba KP

kmb69

• View Profile
And there is a pot of gold at each end of a rainbow!

vnz00

• View Profile
Be quiet guys! Youre almost putting me off buying his genuine sandcast rear disc! You know how rare these are!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I can hardly hold back my anticipation to see the engine and frame appear. Oh what joy those prices will be  ;D
Kar-Ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Actually I a bit surprised as the price for the cases and frame is probably closer to the start blocks than anything else he's selling  :o

I might just bid on the rear brake given I like to have these rare items. The brake pedal is also a rare part  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

UK Pete

• View Profile
I have only just seen this guys items for sale, i agree the frame and cases are about the only parts likely to sell , all the other parts are way off, for example £299 for a right hand fork ear, you can still buy these new for $40, i suppose the seller is testing the water to see what mugs are out there
If this is the way early honda parts are going then i am out, i will finish my bike and move on to other bikes with realistically priced parts
Even though my bike is not sandcast it is still 1969 and so everything i need to buy seems to have sandcast prices , and the way the pricing is going up it will only be the really wealthy who can afford this hobby
pete

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have only just seen this guys items for sale, i agree the frame and cases are about the only parts likely to sell , all the other parts are way off, for example £299 for a right hand fork ear, you can still buy these new for $40, i suppose the seller is testing the water to see what mugs are out there
If this is the way early honda parts are going then i am out, i will finish my bike and move on to other bikes with realistically priced parts
Even though my bike is not sandcast it is still 1969 and so everything i need to buy seems to have sandcast prices , and the way the pricing is going up it will only be the really wealthy who can afford this hobby
pete
This guy is not someone you would use as the yardstick for sandcast parts so don't be too disillusioned with the prices. Some of the stuff he is selling is quiet rare and has been bid on and sold. But he is a goose and his prices are not representative of the norm.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i just posted this.............. "You, my friend, must breathe a mixture of helium and nitrous oxide with just enough oxygen to establish your interesting pricing scheme."

markb

• View Profile
I find it amazing that he has 100% positive feedback.  ???
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)