Honda CB750 Sandcast

nice one on ebay

vnz00

• View Profile
It's a nice original peice.

Notice its another bike with round oil filter cover and replaced 28 carb caps, reinforcing the theory that the round oil filter cover was never targeted for recall :)

What do you gents make of that VIN pad? A bit big for such an early bike...

Id love to have a shot. I just bought a 69 k0 to ship back from the USA. Another CB750 would keep it company :)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
as we've seen with sandcast CB750 vins, t's not improbable nor impossible.  

those vins are out of the range of what we typically see, but the overall appearance of the bikes seems to suggest it's a good bet the engine's never left that frame since leaving the factory.

the nice red, redline zone iof the tach is telling of how little the bike sat outside.

another 40 years from now, this is one bike, if restored, will not be worth what it is in it's currently such nice original condition.  imho, this bike should have a deep sympathetic cleaning and service.....   only.  this 45 year old bike would clean up amazingly well and in another 40 years would be a lovely original example of an 80 year old machine left for those who (hopefully) follow in our footsteps.

if there are any parts requiring replacement, the replacements parts should be selected with care, only very good used parts or possibly new, so as to not disturb the overall aged appearance of the bike.

(Steve Z, you probably have another 40 years left in you !  i think you should buy it !  i just turned 62 the other day.  Yikes !)  

or.... ask KP if he has a sandcast for sale........ ???  ;D

on another note.... see general discussion....

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
it's interesting to see the leakage at the cylinder/head joint.  i wonder how many of these bikes, when new, did not leak or leaked less.  

the first new Snap-On tool i ever bought was Autumn 1970, an impact screw driver which i bought for the purpose of removing the exh.spigots  of 4779, so i could clean the oil soiled cyl/head area.

cb7504

• View Profile
Other than the larger vin pad that kinda looks out of place on an early nice period correct looking bike. Possible earlier cases had a problem and were replaced with later production run cases. Not an uncommon practice for the Honda factory to do with the high demand for the bike. The vin split is a sizable gap but if you look at the vin directory you will see this has been the case on several occasions. Marty K.

CBman

• View Profile
How much do you guess this bike will be sold for ???? I try 20k ?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Personally I would pay  higher price for such an unmolested bike. It truly looks to be a very desirable collectable, and I wouldn't touch it other than what Steve has suggested. These are the times I wish I had oodles of $$$$$$$
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
Wow!  Jumped $8000 in the last minute!  :o :o :o My heart was beating fast watching the last 5 minutes tick away and I wasn't even bidding.  I can imagine what the winner was feeling.  Congrats.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Riccardo

• View Profile
Yes, arrived at 25.100,50 in the last 5 seconds.
Compliments to the winner for this great bike.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved