Honda CB750 Sandcast

Future of SOOC and a request

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi to all  :)

For the good of all things sandcast, I feel it's time for change.  

I have decided to step aside from my administration of and direct involvement with the SOOC website.  

I am asking for someone to take over the Start Logic webserver account before our contract with Start Logic expires December 2014 and for this person to administrate Sandcastonly.

Giving this notice now will provide the necessary time for this transition to take place.  

Interested parties, please contact me at sandcast232@yahoo.com

It's been a personally enriching privilege to have been involved with such a fine group of guys of Sandcastonly the past 10 years.

Sincerely,

Steve Swan

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve. Are you going to remain an active member? I'll shoot you an email.
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thanks, Wayne.  I feel that's about all i've been and i do plan to continue to be an active member.  

For me, as far as getting more info in the website, it is a matter of taking the time to learn how to get more capable with computer skills.  Computer stuff does not come naturally for me.  Time is something i am short of.

I do feel, for the welfare and betterment of SOOC,  there must be someone who can do more for SOOC than i have the past few years.  I feel like there is someone who has the time and the skills to do a better job.  An example of what i am talking about is the number of distinctions identified and posted on the DB.  i have not got them off the posts, into the "88 Distinctions" category.  Another is keeping up with, but more importantly loading into the Registry the number of membership applications i've received. 

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not trying to sway anyone's opinion in any way on what Steve does with the site, just thought I would share a "sandbox" model of how I thought we could bring the site a bit more up to date. I have also looked at using forms and a database to keep track of things like the registry, distinctions etc. of course, no single person can do this alone. Information, good pictures etc have to come from us collectively as a team.

http://www.cb750sandcastonly.com/new_template/
[size=

Joe K

• View Profile
I can help out.  If some of us chip in a little, then it will take heavy burdens off of the few.

Joe K.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I can help out.  If some of us chip in a little, then it will take heavy burdens off of the few.

Joe K.

Joe are you skilled in web site development or do you mean more along the lines of providing, qualifying information, images etc?
[size=