Honda CB750 Sandcast

A Piece of History

kp · 3 · 1063

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Get a look at this dude and his original sandcast.   ::) I sent him an email pointing out some faults with his listing and about the bike. You got it, I got the usual vitriolic response from a less than honest seller, but not before he included some of the info I gave him :-\
Fellas, this guy has been able to check the numbers of his bike with Honda. We been trying to do this for a decade without success  :o Maybe you can email him and get the low down on your bikes.
I've put 2 links up
Link 1 is his original listing which is full of bull shit
Link 2 is his newer listing with some of the details I sent him I still got a vitriolic response nevertheless he did use some of my feedback. And he says if it was more original it would be worth $25,000 just like the one that sold the other day. OMG are these sellers for real
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cb750-Honda-K0-1969-Sandcast-/181304983597?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=feH3L1uSpoZCivkDT8YHgXVABS8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181310169189?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

Some people you try and help and appreciate what you say and some are real dead shits

Forgot to add I sent him this email

Now before you get cranky please "Don't Shoot The Messenger". The bike you just had on eBay is way off being an original unmolested barn find. It is nowhere near an original 1969 sandcast & has had major work & later model parts fitted. The list of non original stuff on this bike starts with the front mudguard and back to the non-original seat. The instruments are incorrect as are switches, seat, mudguard, paint, side cover badges, carbs, exhausts, shocks, probably the tank, tank cap, tank badges and tank trim, mirror, top triple tree, maybe rear wheel so you may wish to get a collector/restorer down your way to have a look at the bike for you $15,000 is not going to happen. You would need to verify that the engine is indeed a sandcast and the frame is matching Seems to be a lot of numbers different between frame and engine. You would need to provide a photo of the frame VIN and Engine number if you realist Look this item number up 291057637682 This bike is 100% correct

And his response

You are correct that it's not 100% period correct and if it were then the price would be higher. But your assumptions are miles off - (probably this and probably that!!). You're PROBABLY wrong.

Simple put mate, bid if you want it, or don't!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:53:42 am by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

kmb69

• View Profile
A real hodgepodge of parts.
Low handlebars.
Front forks appear to be K1.
Clutch cover is a 10 hole with the bolt missing.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Most interesting thing about it (to me) is that it is the highest VIN so far with one of the original series of 7414 sandcast motors - before of course the later smaller batches of much higher ntumbered sandcasts.

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338