Honda CB750 Sandcast

hi to all

CBDANCER

• View Profile
hi to all of you cb lovers out there :) I am Dover in the uk and have just taken delivery of my next project very exciting  :D its a sandcast that needs a lot of love and attention and a whole heap of parts ..i have purchased the frame sandcast 4503 and sandcast engine 4281 they are both currently very sad to look at ,but a bit of tlc will do it ...i have in effect a rolling chassis engine ,frame,wheels forks ...broken top triple tree ..but already have one :)...all engine screws have been swapped for go faster stainless allen bolts  ??? i have those as well thankfully  :)but the list for the bike is huge and i know it prob expensive but we are all in that same situation .. the joy of restoration  :) when i have worked out how to sort out photos i will post some pictures of my progress as i am a sandcast newbie and will gladly take all the help i can get :) :)
my previous bike builds have been a vtr1000 special that i have now sold and i am just completing my cb550k0 1974 which was a three year build as i had two house moves during the process .. so as you can see a very limited vintage honda experience so please all of your tips and tricks are greatly appreciated ...
i am hugely looking forward to the process as my 550k0 has evolved in front of me piece by piece and i have enjoyed the whole experience more than i imagined, the 550 is returned to stock, and intend the same for the 750sandcast ...its gonna be a long process but i hope a rewarding one..i will try to post pictures soon as they speak a thousand words and will be easier to explain things...so once again hi to all its a pleasure to be part of the sandcast owners club HAPPY DAYS

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Welcome !  there is a wealth of information we've learned and shared, so i encourage you to get familiar where info is in the site and the DB.  what you can't find, post regularly your questions, you'll get the answers you need.  pictures are nice too !

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome.
your is one of Will Dawkin's imports, I believe.

I am in Retford in the UK, so not real local, but if I can help, just ask.

Cheers - Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi and welcome from me, i am about 60 miles from dover, i think i see your bike on ebay certainly looked like an interesting project,
pete

gary

• View Profile
Welcome, and the best of luck with your project,wonderful people on this site all are helpful great to here of a mother sand cast making a come back. All the best mate

CBDANCER

• View Profile
thanks for the encouragement and kind welcome guys will be disassembling the old girl this weekend when i have some time free :)i have sprayed all fixings around the bike several times in the hope that they all play the game and come free without too much hassle ,,i will post my progress and hope to get some piccies going soon ,,thanks to the uk guys for making yourself known you may regret that haha i will be asking many questions i think ,,,thx all

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hey cbdancer i am down your way a fair bit, usually fishing or visiting people, say the word fella and ill pop in and see you,
pete

CBDANCER

• View Profile
sorry for delay guys was tied up all weekend with home project for the house have just finished removing all the engine mounts now i need a mate to help lift the lump out
the plumber thats coming to do some work will do he is huge it goes dark when he stands next to me .. :)
thanks ukpete for the message would be a pleasure to meet you fella the fishing down here not too bad but havent tried since i was a kid ... a while ;)dont know how to give you my details but youre more than welcome,,not wanting to put phone number on display ?let me know pete and we will sort something ,,,
take care peeps ;)