Honda CB750 Sandcast

Does this look genuine?

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Anyone know if this looks like a genuine Sandcast?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CB-750-SANDCAST-/151279609726?p
> t=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2338f7a77e

Supposed to be Vin no 1003612.

Date 1970 ?

Cheers ...AshD
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:01:05 am by ashimotok0 »

CBman

• View Profile
not to be mean sounding, but that seat is awful.

Yes, very bad replica. It is strange to me there are only few original seats left. I mean with original red foam and original seat cover. Where are all these seats? Its getting harder and harder to find nice original seat.

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I gather the original seat foam was prone to disintegrating so I suppose most original seats are long gone. You would have thought for £20k though it would be fitted with a Yamiya repro.

Any other comments on it or questions I should ask the selling dealer?

ChrisR ... do you know this bike?  KP?

Cheers ....AshD

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A few things. I can't really make out much but clutch cover could be a 10 hole I just don't know The seller needs to provide better pictures and list the numbers It is certainly a later VIN due to the horn mount. Has a terrible seat and replacement paragraph pipes. Price is very high and as such one would need better photographs to examine the fine detail
Yabba Dabba KP

ashimotok0

• View Profile
A few things. I can't really make out much but clutch cover could be a 10 hole I just don't know The seller needs to provide better pictures and list the numbers It is certainly a later VIN due to the horn mount. Has a terrible seat and replacement paragraph pipes. Price is very high and as such one would need better photographs to examine the fine detail

Agreed we need better pictures. I will try and get some.

Cheers ... AshD