Honda CB750 Sandcast

Diecast Engine 7419 on Ebay

Wayne · 13 · 2669

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hello Wayne,
We were almost going to touch the Holy Grail..?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:03:53 am by 4pots1969 »

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pretty darn close! Wonder where the frame got to?
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Methinks #28 carb tops as well as the smooth oil filter. Surly the smooth oil filter can't be original can it?
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I would have thought this would be a pretty good auction given the numbers but no bids?  ???
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Methinks #28 carb tops as well as the smooth oil filter. Surly the smooth oil filter can't be original can it?

Can't imagine the round cover came from the factory.....  but, 7419 was produced before the warranty replacement recall for vins between 1784 - 9554, SB #13, 1/26/70. 

as noted per "Production Models" in website:

Case, oil filter
1 - 4148
15411-300-000
Smooth exterior, no fins

Case, oil filter
4149 - 7414
15411-300-010
External cooling fins added

Case, oil filter
1 - 7414
15411-300-010
Internal strengthening ribs
added to finned oil bowl,
number  "2" on outside - Honda
supercession, 26 Jan 1970

4pots1969

• View Profile
$1703.. It is very correct as price. The carburetors "28" and bell oil helped well has to make the bids rise...
Besides, he did not seem to have been opened the screws of the cover of cams were not damaged..
Where then it was the guy who knew how to undo Phillips screw cleanly, no.. do not smile.. if, if, that exists!! ;)
It is sure that he would have been interesting to know the number of the frame..

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:36:54 am by 4pots1969 »

kmb69

• View Profile
I am the lucky winner of this engine. Just got back from Nashville at 2:00AM this morning from a quick 25 hour turn around trip to pick it up.

All I can say is W O W!!! Appears to be an essentially NEW engine.  :o :o ;D

This engine appears to have almost NO time on it, if any, other than the original setup. The story is it was apparently removed from a new bike back in the day and installed in a custom SCA kart and maybe never run. Seller threw in the chain and coil pack which also appear to be new. Whereabouts of the frame is unknown. Came from a nearby (Nashville) estate sell. Will be removing the valve cover and oil pan in a week or two to confirm my suspicions. Will post my findings.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Congratulations, as this motor is really another significant part of the Sandcast history!

What are your plans for the engine?

Enjoy,
Duane

kmb69

• View Profile
I honestly don't know at this point. Originally, I intended to use the parts to rebuild a later SC engine since the internals should the same. But now that I see what it is, I am not sure.