Honda CB750 Sandcast

Put back on sale "28" set over the top

kmb69

• View Profile
Where is the % authenticity limit for using original part and replica part for restoration? If I build sandcast only from replica parts, do you think it will be still Sandcast?
If a new Sandcast arrived at the Honda Dealer with a dented tank and was replaced with another Sandcast tank prior to first sale, is it no longer a Sandcast?

If the Frame VIN and Engine VIN are original and they fall within the Sandcast VIN range, it IS a Sandcast. Maybe not original but still a Sandcast.

For that matter, I think even if the cases are replacement Sandcast no number cases, it is still a Sandcast. Maybe not original but still a Sandcast.

The question becomes, "How original or how authentic is a 'restored' bike?" Points for originality if you will wins the Beauty Pagent.

Sellers of Sandcasts should disclose as much as they know IMO. My $.02

ken736cc

• View Profile
You can restore a bike to the level that your talent or credit card allows. I know that my bike will be "over restored". The paint will be much nicer than the factory finish and the aluminum and chrome will be much shinier.  It is my bike and this is what I want.  When I am finished I hope that you will need sunglasses to look at it.  It will have replica mirror stems, brake hoses, wire harness and lotus root exhaust.  It is better to see these bikes being brought back to life, even if some parts are not Genuine NOS Honda.  They may never be built into complete motorcycles without these reproduction parts.

I've seen the future, I can't afford it.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
In what "live" are they brought brack? Museum, garage, living room...?

Will they ever see the sun or are you afraid that the tacho/speedo may fade?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:14:28 pm by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
I dont care.

My Cb750 is on the road and serviced since 45 years. Coverred an a.. full of km.

There are some srews, sprockets, cables, brake pads ........and even the final chain - o-ring, jehovah!! - had been replaced to newer or after sale parts.

Believe me man,  that bike is not dead.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:37:16 pm by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Repo parts if done correctly are original parts, if you can't tell the difference then whats the problem?  As long as it is accurate reproduction the only difference is the age of the metal, what difference does it make ? Different strokes for different folks, everybody is entitled to make the bike the way they want.