Honda CB750 Sandcast

frame 520 ?????not sure.

cb7504

• View Profile
The pictures are not the best and the vin numbers don't look right. Marty K.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This seller contacted me directly about this frame and other parts. I too thought something didn't look right. After further questions he put it on ebay. Quebec Canada is notorious for VIN fraud etc. so triple check if you are going to purchase this item.
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I guess when he says "needs some work" he is referring to this mess and probably more? The first sequence of the VIN is ground out as well.  ???
[size=

kmb69

• View Profile
Pictures are good enough to see the numbers are NOT the Honda font. Been re-stamped.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What a great spot. I didn't even look at the numbers assuming they were real
Yabba Dabba KP

Bowswell

• View Profile
I know the number are not honda, that's why I ask for a photo title ... the title look like rebuilt frame or replacement frame.

i had a harley 1975 with 1HD number on one side and the other MADE IN JAPAN ???? ??? ???

I think the number  520 was in Quebec, because the title is dated 1994 and fever SANDCAST was not hight at this time .but this frame was so change especially in the column that is worth nothing today .

Remenber sandcast number 244 sold for 24k was in Quebec (granby) last year. ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:41:42 am by bowswell »
cb750 k4-06/74
cb750k4 01/74
cb350f 1973
cb400T 1978
vulcan meanstreak

DW69K0

• View Profile
After a close examination of my four sandcast frames, the zeros are not correct. The zeros don't have the correct Honda font because they have no gap in the top and bottom of the charactor.

The "1" looks correct,with the small hook on the top. The B is the correct font, so I think this frame has been restamped using a different font set for the number on the last digits.

Duane

Prospect

• View Profile
What about looking at the gusset near the shocks?  The sandcast frames had shorter ones vs. diecast frames. I'm having a hard time seeing it though. 

Anyone have a picture of the correct zero font DW60K0 is talking about.  I would love to see a comparison.  Maybe we should start a font gallery to show bogus vs. real numbers. 

I have gone through this with my harleys and I always consult the font database online.  It's shocking how many fake vin numbers there are in the Harley world.
Vin 256/106

DW69K0

• View Profile