Honda CB750 Sandcast

New VIN directory requests

Wayne · 16 · 3693

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm thinking as I get new requests to add VIN's to the directory I may request a picture of both the frame, engine VIN and possibly the complete or partial bike. For those of you following another thread here you know where I'm going with this.

I'm not sure if I'll make all of the requests and images public on the bulletin board or make an area where only a few subject matter experts can form their "opinions" prior to placing the VINs in the directory.

Thoughts? Comments?
[size=

UK Pete

• View Profile
Not a bad idea wayne, people could quite easily use this site vin directory as a reference to authenticate a dodgy bike by simply by adding it to our directory before sale, having a picture record will expose dodgy numbers , incorrect fonts  , and duplicates

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's the idea Pete. I want the directory to be as accurate and comprehensive as possible.

34 views, one opinion. Anyone else?
[size=

markb

• View Profile
I think it's a good idea too.  Additional work for someone though.  I for one would appreciate it.
Mark
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kenhan

• View Profile
+1

/Ken
1969 CB750 Sandcast #5084 - running
1969 CB750 Sandcast #5128 - Running
1970 CB750 next project
1975 K2 (K3-5 donīt exist in Sweden) - Running
1981 Goldwing 1100 Interstate

tomcourtney

• View Profile
I think this is a great idea, but a lot of work, I was asked to look at some pics of a "Sandcast" frame last weekend only to see bad numbers and a digit short too.
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

cb7504

• View Profile
Sounds like a good idea, should weed out the fake vins/sandcast want a be's.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When we started this directory a decade ago we registered anything we could find but it was based on a visual inspection where possible. A lot were registered on trust but there are scum bags who will take advantage of that trust so we need some additional checks and this seems to be a plan
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Should we critique them openly on the board or only in an area with a few subject matter experts? I have a new one to add and would like to begin the process.
[size=

luisgallur

• View Profile
As the prices of Sandcasts climbs the incentive for forgery will climb with it . There are thousands still unaccounted for , nature abhors a vacuum .

CBman

• View Profile
Just think about black list directory with sandcast we are sure are fake. Like those 2 units on Ebay.
John

markb

• View Profile
Even more work for someone but we could do both.  The ones on the existing directory could be labeled as verified as they confirmed too.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

1941wld

• View Profile
I'd like to see the vin reg put into a spreadsheet format in numberical order. You would be able to attach pictures to that format. Members would be able to reorder depending on their need. Many different colums of information could be added. It would be a living document and the admin could lock it down, but the members could use it.
Frame number
Engine number
Left horn
Right horn
ect.

It would be a tracker of changes.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'd like to see the vin reg put into a spreadsheet format in numberical order. You would be able to attach pictures to that format. Members would be able to reorder depending on their need. Many different colums of information could be added. It would be a living document and the admin could lock it down, but the members could use it.
Frame number
Engine number
Left horn
Right horn
ect.

It would be a tracker of changes.

I do keep them in a spreadsheet as my reference document. Publishing a spreadsheet to a web page comes with a number of issues. The VINs are and have been in order as far asi know.

Here's the vin directory page in the new site format:

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/new_template/registry_new_template.htm

[size=

Erling

• View Profile
Believe I some time ago rectified my vins: 1676 5-19 1638 Aug 20 '69.
  Youers Erling.
P.S. Transferred into a Seeley frame in '78!