Honda CB750 Sandcast

#3787 Hi from South Africa

CeeBee750

• View Profile
Hi Guys, I've been sitting on some parts for a while, and had actually originally planned to use the sandcast cases in a CR750 Dick Mann replica build.
Anyways, the guys on SOHC4 forums reckon I'm crazy, I just thought the sandcast cases would have been more accurate anyhow...
What is your take on the matter?

I had also asked Wayne if he knew which of my other parts were sandcast, but he reckoned it would be fun to ask you guys. So, if you can help me identify any other sandcast parts in the next few pics I would appreciate it. (I'll host them later tonight and will post them up).

To be honest I would consider selling the cases to the owner of a frame, with numbers close to my #3787, as I doubt I will ever build a sandcast CB - we just don't have the parts here in South Africa. I think its better if the engine cases go to a good home. Unless you guys think its a good idea to run them in my CR750 Dick Mann replica?!

Thanks for the log-on Wayne.

Justin

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It wouldn't be impossible for you to build a correct sandcast, but it would take time to track down everything you need and of course a lot of Rand!

If it were me, I would not build your CR750 with the sandcast cases. I think you could sell your sandcast cases and get diecast cases plus a bunch of parts for your build with that money.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
P.S. It would be pretty cool to have either bike in South Africa. I lived there for a year and a nice bike like that would have been fun to ride around your beautiful country!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

CeeBee750

• View Profile
Thanks Ujeni, I'm leaning towards selling the cases and pursuing the CR750 route - those 4 in 4 pipes will sounds amazing down those winding Mpumalanga roads!
Where did you stay in SA?

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh man I wish I had a bike on those roads!

I lived in Cape Town...around green point. Loved it. Can't wait to get back there!

The good news is that you have valuable cases (assuming they are in decent shape). Should go pretty far on your cr750 build.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

CeeBee750

• View Profile

cb7504

• View Profile
I was looking at the cases located in South Africa ser# 3858 or possible 6858 input would be appreciated. Marty K.