Honda CB750 Sandcast

two different breather covers

thomas · 4 · 1237

thomas

• View Profile
HI
Can someone help me with these two breather covers? The one has a long 'tunnel' for the front screw and is plain on the inside. It looks like every other breaher cover I've ever seen.

The second one has a short screw 'tunnel' and has several webs cast into it. Could someone ID this breather cover? Is it from a sandcast?

regards
Thomas

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
A few years back, KP distinguished 2 different breather covers.  I can't remember the differences KP noted. 

If no one here can come up with an answer, I would encourage you to share those pics with Vic.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
According to the parts lists, only one breather cover type was ever fitted to sandcasts (long front screw), with the first cover change occuring early during  die-cast "K0" prouction (E vin 1010337) when the cam cover itself was also changed. This second type breather cover was also a long front screw cover but with a subtle change in cover height.
Whether or not there were any changes in breather cover casting detail during sand cast production, I do not recall.

The cover shown with a short front screw fixing and internal baffling is from a much later K series bike (K6, or possibly even later).

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338