Lotus Root Baffle needed

Tango911

• View Profile
I just need one early baffle "Lotus Root"

thanks
Steve

Tango911

• View Profile
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Honda-CB750-Sandcast-K0-CB-750-KO-CB-750-SOHC-baffles-/231443263104?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e317ee80&vxp=mtr
HERE YOU GO!!!

thanks, im already bidding on it. but dont trust that the one im bidding against is real.
So i will wait till the last second and bid what im willing to pay and see what happens.

Tango911

• View Profile
Didnt get it.   wasnt around to put in last sec bid.  However, Vic World is selling me one. for not much more.

4pots1969

• View Profile
In France, we have not had the chance to have Sandcast with Lotus Root...:'(  

Why Yamiya refuses has for sale retail baffles Lotus Root while they sell exhaust knowing that these baffles are heavily exposed in rapid wear... Why??...Spot the mistake!!  It's anti-commercial my a opinion!!!
I also think that it is an act not prohibited attitude, and that the dealer has the obligation to provide spare parts replacement... I have asked twice already the question without any response on their part.. Of course!!
The fact that these parts corrode and degrade quickly and considering the price of the auctions Ebay for already well worn parts it would be interesting to all members who have exhausts Lotus Root to find a company to reproduce has the identical these famous baffles with a well specific markings for not to be confused with the original Honda... Just an idea in mind!! ;)

Gerard
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:58:29 am by 4pots1969 »

DW69K0

• View Profile
In my opinion, the Lotus Root style exhausts with their open baffles allowed to much exposure of hot sparks emissions to get past the exhaust and were considered a safety issue with some regulating agencies, which is one of the reasons they were discontinued early in production. Lotus Root exhausts are primarily unrestricted letting too much noise and spark through the muffler, over time and use the baffles deteriorate and this condition worstens. In 1969 some counties would not let them be imported, and Honda quickly introduced the more restricted H300, an offered alternatives to some countries, that's why these exhausts are so sought after, they sure sound awesome and are pretty easy to identify on a running Sandcast.
DW

Tango911

• View Profile
either way , performance or not, the baffle is important to complete my set of early pipes.     Now i need to decide whether or not to part this three digit bike out or not.  I change my mind every day.   Either way it will be sold so its mainly about which will profit me the most.  Unfortunately I need to sell to pay for my new shop I built.

Tango911

• View Profile
i did find a baffle. Purchased from Vic World.