Honda CB750 Sandcast

ebay sandcast... again ?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I believe this one's been listed prior ?  Casual glance, certainly the bike being purported as original is not; i.e., gauges refurbished, seat, frame vin stamping painted over, incorrect rear shocks, more.  Sounds like he's been bombed on the exhaust.  Loosely quoting seller, he  "believes it to be original because the bike came to him that way from an alleged 2 owner history and he's heard late vins had HM exhaust."  In addition to what's been replaced, refurbished, the condition of various original appearing small parts on the bike do suggest poor storage conditions or elemental exposure.  Be interesting to see what it brings, if it meets reserve. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-1969-honda-cb-750-sandcast-beautiful-original-sandcast-6655-stunning-bike-/141556282054?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20f56972c6&item=141556282054&pt=US_motorcycles

kmb69

• View Profile
Pretty sure the bids went over $18,500 the last time it was listed and did not meet reserve.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This one has been on eBay at least three other times. Got close to $24k last time...I guess it didn't meet the reserve.

Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Has been on ebay at least three times.  It did look like it old last time at 24 k.  I guess either buyer backed down or he was bidding on his own bike.

If you look at the pictures closely it had been restored, but pipes and some other stuff is not correct, a nice bike all told