Honda CB750 Sandcast

Yamiya Satin Chrome heatshields

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Before I try refinishing a set of new shiny chrome Genuine Honda heatshields to look like satin chrome. Does anyone know what the quality of the Yamiya replicas is like?

Cheers ... Ash

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree with Steve. They are a perfect match to the originals. Probably cheaper than restoring old ones.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Sounds good Guys. The reason I ask is that I have someone coming over from Japan  next week and I was thinking of buying some small parts from Yamiya and getting them brought back as excess luggage. However, I don't know how buy from Yamiya but get the parts shipped internally in Japan. Any ideas? I tried emailing Yamiya but no reply so far

Cheers ...Ash

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Why not just have your buyer show up at their shop and buy the items himself or herself?

I've found email communication with Yamiya to be spotty myself. Sometimes they answer, sometimes not.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

honda mec

• View Profile
They're easy to get to in the center of Nagoya only a 5-10 minute taxi ride from the main train station, which itself is an hours train ride from the main airport. Managed to carry a set of pipes, a pair of tires, a box of small stuff and my carry on to the airport. Japanese efficiency.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
They're easy to get to in the center of Nagoya only a 5-10 minute taxi ride from the main train station, which itself is an hours train ride from the main airport. Managed to carry a set of pipes, a pair of tires, a box of small stuff and my carry on to the airport. Japanese efficiency.

i've hear this before, ammenable to visitors.

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Why not just have your buyer show up at their shop and buy the items himself or herself?

I've found email communication with Yamiya to be spotty myself. Sometimes they answer, sometimes not.

Problem is my 'mule' back to the UK is an elderly lady!

Anyway got this reply below from Yamiya. I don't normally do Facebook either but Yamiya FB page gets prompt replies to queries. They told me that the K0 "Ducktail" seat I bought from Mach IV motors in the States is not a Yamiya seat, it kinda looks like one to me, plus I am sure MachIV sells other Yamiya parts, like  paint-sets etc. Yamiya told me they don't have an official agent in the US. Also MachIV sell the Japan Domestic 'low' version of the seat so that definitely smacks of Yamiya.  However, I believe Saisei in the UK are agents and also PMC. Nice guy David from Saisei (well he is a northerner like me and Chris ;D) .. he does a fair price and extremely helpful... Kawa Z1 owner though not Honda  ::)

----- Original Message -----
To:
Cc: order@yamiya750.com
Sent: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:33:42 +0900
Subject: RE: Shipping in Japan
We can ship to Japan address. You can put your Japan address for the shipping address when you place an order through website. All of the parts are in stock except it says “sold out”. It takes 1 - 2 days to deliver within Japan. Thank you.

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:40 PM
To: order@yamiya750.com
Subject: Shipping in Japan
Hello, I wish to buy parts but have shipped to an address in South Japan. Is this possible please?  If I order parts that are in stock how long will it take to deliver within Japan please.
Best regards ... Ashley (UK)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 06:17:28 am by ashimotok0 »