Honda CB750 Sandcast

Early Hamamatsu Factory Pictures

kmb69 · 12 · 4453

kmb69

• View Profile
I have seen several pictures of the early 1969 Hamamatsu Factory assembly line pictures some time back. But SOOC and Google searches are turning up essentially nothing.
Anybody know where they are? Have links?

TIA, Keith

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:06:39 pm by kmb69 »

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing !   What is literature source ? 
A Japanese publication called Honda Dream CB750 Four. Gives a lot of information about the bikes and from a sandcast perspective identifies a number of the differences with early bikes. Is written in Japanese is the only problem. Would love to have a translated copy. Many of the things in the 88 Distinctions are listed but there are many that are not. The early cross hatched cam cover seen on Mark's bike is shown
Yabba Dabba KP

kmb69

• View Profile
Thank you Ujeni.

I have that book. Must have been where I saw them. Could have sworn they were online.

Thanks again.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is this the book you are talking about?

I have not been able to find these photos in this book. I received the photos from a fellow sandcast restorer. I don't know the original source.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry I just checked and it's not that publication I quoted.  I must have another one here which has these pictures in it. Tom Courtney had already posted these pictures some time back.
http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,1354.msg9479.html#msg9479
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Ujeni. This is a great book if people can source a copy as it shows many of the early Sandcast part differences albeit being described in Japanese. The photographs throughout the book are a great reference as well. The book can probably be had by trolling on Yahoo Auctions Japan and purchased via a bidding agent. There is also a great reference section on repop parts for Honda and Kawasaki. I'm not sure why they devoted a large section to Kawasaki parts. ??? Just getting advertising revenue I suppose.
Yabba Dabba KP

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I must admit, I hadn't looked at this book in a long time...what a fun "read"!

For those of you who don't have a copy, consider buying one...even if you don't read Japanese. The pictures alone are really great.

Here's an ebay auction with some example pages:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOOK-Honda-CB750Four-real-motorcycle-vol-3-Japan-CB-CB750-four-Yoshimura-Dream-/231507528232?hash=item35e6ec8a28:g:kMEAAOxyRhBSsy4w&vxp=mtr

There is a BIN auction for the same book much cheaper here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-DREAM-CB750-FOUR-Japanese-illustrated-book-/301763927703?hash=item4642881e97:g:GdEAAOSw-W5Usu9g
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

tomcourtney

• View Profile
I Posted them up sometime back I have the originals from an old Japanese publication
http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,1354.msg9479.html#msg9479
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:03:37 pm by tomcourtney »
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

Garry32

• View Profile
Thanks Ujeni for Ebay listing link,I bought the book and wow it is full of some very nice genuine photos and info. Pity they only did there own version in Japanese.The seller also enclosed a brand new repro 1969 owners handbook.If anyone else is looking for a good deal he as more on his website.I ordered the book on the 27th and it was on my doorstep today.Very quick.
301763927703 Ebay item number.
Garry :)