Honda CB750 Sandcast

Parting out

o1marc · 5 · 1601

o1marc

• View Profile
So I'm going to be parting out my sand cast. How do I go about finding out what the parts are worth. I'm sure someone looking for parts is going to say half what they are worth and someone selling them will ask twice what they are worth.  Is the frame worth more in it's rusted original shape or freshly recoated? I have the complete bike in boxes. Is Ebay the place to see if the prices go through the roof?

o1marc

• View Profile
For those interested the VIN's are 1565 on the frame and 1644 on the motor. The motor has had the chain break repair done and also the oil filter snout has been modified to accept stock or spin on filter.

o1marc

• View Profile
Let me clear up the situation. I inherited 4 bikes from my brother on his untimely passing this last April. We had a standing agreement over 3 decades that "whoever went first, the other got the bikes". He lived in Ca. and I live in Ga. My mom decided to sell everything of his which included an extensive collection including Ferrari, Jaguar, Lotus, Alfa Romeo's, and 8 other vehicles not including my 4 bikes. Mom just got back home to Ct. after liquidation of all his property. The bikes were removed by my sister to her house in Palm Springs. I have to get them from there to here in Ga. My sister can load them on her horse trailer and bring them to me for free, but she won't be coming my way until July. I can't (don't want to) wait till then to start working on them. My plan is to sell the frame first and then use that money to fund the trip back home with the rest. the 4 bikes were a Moto Guzzi Calif II, which has already been sold. A 1970 Triumph Tiger 650 that I will restore and ride till my death. A 1957 Norton Domi with a 1975 Kawasaki H2 750 motor in it. And the 1969 CB750. Being as the CB is a total basket case I figured I won't have the time or money to restore it, so the decision to part it out was my easiest out. I will have my sister take detailed pics of the frame and then list it. I may have her ship it from there to the buyer or I may have it shipped to me to deal with on a more personal basis.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:20:43 pm by o1marc »

o1marc

• View Profile

My old eyes must be getting worse, my sister tells me the frame VIN is 1568 and not 1565.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:14:04 pm by o1marc »

o1marc

• View Profile
Click on the link to open an album of pics of the Sand Cast. I'm told some of the parts are not SC. I suspect when it was in an accident some later year parts were used to rebuild it. maybe you guys can point out the differences? Open the album and then scroll through.

http://s253.photobucket.com/user/o1racing03/media/Creative%20Candy%20Album%20II/Creative%20Candy%203/SandCast%20CB750/IMG_0097.jpg.html
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:43:59 pm by o1marc »