Honda CB750 Sandcast

Left switch/ made in Japan

Garry32 · 20 · 4112

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
#302 (99% certain to be original) - recessed
#8054 (99% certain to be original) - NO lettering

NOS replacement fitted to #5298 in 1993 has embossed lettering.

Chris
Chris R.
302/338

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
interesting.  i'm 99% certain the handle bar switchgear to 232 is from factory.  both were weathers the same, both anodized housings were faded the same.  kill knob pointerless.  lower horn housing has raised font.  sounds like weither could be correct since there's no way to prove which was used when.

4pots1969

• View Profile
But maybe there is no sooner or later one or the other? Maybe it's just two manufacturers
different that used two methods of markings at the same time... One highlight and one indented?
This could explain the confusion that reigns today... Just an idea...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:51:06 am by 4pots1969 »

DW69K0

• View Profile
Would be interesting to survey the owners of all pointerless 0n/Off switches from earliest VIN to see what percentages of each show up for unmolested machines. Doing the same for LH switches, then we might understand more information on this topic.
I always assumed the early poinerless kill switches would have been manufactured at the same supplier, since there were probably less than 800 produced.
DW

cb7504

• View Profile
Of the sandcast and K0's I have only five have the stampings all others are embossed. My earliest two sandcasts are stamped (three digits) and one mid range 4xxx is stamped and two k0's stamped one 8xxx and one 101xxxx. Marty K.