Honda CB750 Sandcast

one for the sandcast gurus

guitarkev66

• View Profile
Do sandcast generally tend to run better and last longer than say k0-k8 due to them being more hand built and attention to detail than later engines?   Just curious because I have had quite a few cb750's and my new sandcast with 42,000 on the clock runs better and is quieter and smoother than any other 750 I have had.  It will idle perfect at 500 rpm which I find amazing.  I'm also trying to figure out if its been rebuilt.  I also found a red round sticker that was under the airbox it looks to be from the factory any ideas???

Riccardo

• View Profile
Please, search for "Red dot" on this site.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

Joe K

• View Profile
Perhaps lotus root exhaust pipes help it run better.  Do you have a low vin sandcast with lotus root pipes?  Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Joe K.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Perhaps lotus root exhaust pipes help it run better.  Do you have a low vin sandcast with lotus root pipes?  Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Joe K.
Some years back Andy Morris always said the early pipes as fitted to all sandcasts ran way better and sounded much nicer. I canna say what I remember of a machine fitted with lettuce roots as we all got rid of the exhausts and fitted 4 into 1 flat black exhausts. Were we stupid or what  ::)
Yabba Dabba KP