Honda CB750 Sandcast

authentic survivor ?

DW69K0

• View Profile
Looks nice, but I don't buy the survivor part, based on the incorrect three front engine mounting bolts. Not being correct.
DW

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can't explain the few engine mount bolts but it really does look to be in prime condition from my look over the pics. Be good to view more pics or see in the flesh. Could be a set of bars were fitted or has just lost a bolt or two. The exhaust flanges do show #8 heads which is a good, as are the original type exhausts. Has smooth ferrule oil hoses fitting. All in all, my thoughts are it's a bike I'd consider buying.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

DW69K0

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: authentic survivor ?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:01:34 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove  Split TopicSplit Topic
Looks nice, but I don't buy the survivor part, based on the incorrect three front engine mounting bolts. Not being correct.
DW

Report to moderator     107.72.162.17 (?)
kp
Administrator

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: authentic survivor ?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:55:45 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove  Split TopicSplit Topic
Can't explain the few engine mount bolts but it really does look to be in prime condition from my look over the pics. Be good to view more pics or see in the flesh. Could be a set of bars were fitted or has just lost a bolt or two. The exhaust flanges do show #8 heads which is a good, as are the original type exhausts. Has smooth ferrule oil hoses fitting. All in all, my thoughts are it's a bike I'd consider buying.

too bad not more and better pics.  no doubt it's not 100% unmolested.  overall, i like what i see.

DW69K0

• View Profile

KP - Agreed this is a nice example of a complete  Sandcast, nice bike!

I guess how one interprets the term "survivor" is really my question. I own two unmolested survivors, and when I view the pics, the engine mission cover and stator covers look nice, usually there is evidence of yellowing or black splotchy areas with engine cases this old. The front fork tubes and rear hub look great also, but these areas tend to yellow or tarnish in survivor condition. I too wish the pics were better quality. I would love to see the inside of the LRs for verification of exhausts.

I would be proud to own this one and I hope it brings the money it deserves!!

Best,
DW