Honda CB750 Sandcast

found an engine with a sandcast crankcase Edit.

Don R · 6 · 1860

Don R

• View Profile
 I bought 9 cb750's this month to resell to generate funds for my diecast paint job. I'm keeping a few of the nice parts and while unloading I noticed the bottom of a K5's engine is 1002695. I'm going to swap it out for a K4 engine and look for a good head and cylinder block for it. I've got a set of carbs and a valve cover close to that number.

I already have a complete bike #5511 it's a preservation bike. Not restored but pretty nice. I've put on oem handlebars, it's original rolled rim, a new red seat foam under the original cover and Honda side covers. The rear spoke nipples are incorrect, that bugs me.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:16:17 pm by Don R »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

kmb69

• View Profile
Steve,
Don means his newly purchased bike came with Sandcast cases and a later K? top end.
Keith

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Steve,
Don means his newly purchased bike came with Sandcast cases and a later K? top end.
Keith

Good to hear from you Keith.

Re:  the thread on date codes, i sent you a pm, i sure hope you can help us out with date codes you find on your parts.  Your participation would be most welcome.

Don R

• View Profile
 Yes, sorry I gave a poor description. It's a complete engine with a sandcast crankcase and a K5 cylinder/head. 1002695. 10 bolt clutch cover and K5 carbs too dangit.

Don R

• View Profile
 I found two heads and a cylinder. Not perfect but pretty good. I already have the correct rocker cover and hopefully correct case covers.