Honda CB750 Sandcast

Beer

kp · 5 · 1254

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I don’t generally do travel blogs, in fact I’m not a travel writers rrrrr sole but since this Board has become so f’n boring in recent years, I thought I might just try and inject some interest and education to see if I get a response from you lot, even negative comments or abuse will do very nice thank you very much.
I do a bi-annual trip to Thailand most years and this year is no different. I come here in search of rare Honda parts amongst other interests and have done very well in the past both in interests and parts. Alas; pickings in recent years is not like the good old days. Years past I’ve snavelled goodies such as NOS recessed switches, early cables, a few instruments here and there and the odd handle bar switch to name a few. I gave up on Europe when Gerard started trolling the parts lockers, Japan is a dead end with the snavellers they have there, Mr Swan and JT have closed the US market and Tom Courtney cleaned out the Ozzie Honda dealers way way back, so, all’s that’s left is Asia which is my area of (sort of) expertise 😁.
Did you know that Asia is the home of the Honda Cub. Yeeeees indeed. For those that don’t know a lot, and that’s most of you, the Cub is the largest selling vehicle on the planet. That’s cars, trucks, trains, planes and go carts. Mr Honda produced over 45 million of these little devils and they are still in production.
Anyway the point of this post is to tell you about my good friend Bo and me and our mutual like for a very nice beverage made in Belgium. Not that you lot will know this but Belgium has 3 things that make it quite unique. First it’s capital, Brussels, is the home of the EU Secretariat and one of the three headquarters for NATO. Second most local people speak 3 languages, but 5 is not uncommon (French, German, Flemish the main languages including Dutch and English) whereas you lot are barely able to speak English let alone write it (evidenced by the fact you canna post anything on this board). Thirdly, they are probably more famous for their beer (and to some Hercule Poirot which you can Google). Yes beer. I do like a good beer 🍻 (cheers big ears) and this lot make some of the best beers on the planet and let me tell you my IQ has probably deteriorated because of this (cheers big ears) Why am I writing this you ask Well!
I went to buy a new backpack 🎒 form a place called Platinum 1, not to be confused with Platinum 2, the purpose of which was to better pack my bike helmet ⛑.  I always take an open face helmet with me to Asia for when I hire a scooter or motorbike. Very wise to use a helmet when riding in Asia, although the brain dead Millennials and testosterone overloaded, tattoo covered, “I know how to ride a bike” males of our species don’t need to wear this useless item. Anyways, my current backpack doesn’t quiet allow my helmet to fit. The third floor of Platinum 1 is solely for the sale of bags, just bags (wife excluded) and nothing else. So I got my backpack and me and my 2 bags left 😂.
On my 1.6 klm walk home I spotted this cafe. Not just any cafe, but one notable in its name being the “Beer Beef and Burger Bar” cafe. No big brown bears allowed, but those who Iike a nice ale are most welcomed. Did you hear the one about the big brown bear that went to the beer, beef and burgundy bar and beat the bouncer and bashed the barman cos they wouldn’t serve him a beer. Well that’s another story.
Given I’m 1.3 klms into my trek I was, by this time, very parched indeed so enter I did. Oh dear. Behold! There on tap is my favourite drop. Genuine draft, not bottled, but off the temprite weis bier, white beer, wheat beer. Yep, some off the wall cafe in an obscure street in Bangkok serving draught weisbeir.🍺🙏🏻
The name of this golden nectar you ask “Hoegaarden” Yes 👍
Bo has one up on me in that he has been to the town that this precious nectar is brewed. Oh well, I’m at least sitting here enjoying this fine brew
Cheers big ears
Yabba Dabba KP

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
I am happy to hear you have found a coffebar serving your favourite. Enjoy it cold and drink only one at the time. They are too strong to drink two of. If you drink two, do not use any vehicles, just walk.
Enjoy everything in Thailand, Bo.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Savor my friend because this beer looks delicious... ;) Do not worry about Honda parts in Europe, I have not found them all, and there are still plenty, we just have to look for them and reach to discover them...

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

I don’t generally do travel blogs, in fact I’m not a travel writers rrrrr sole but since this Board has become so f’n boring in recent years, I thought I might just try and inject some interest and education to see if I get a response from you lot, even negative comments or abuse will do very nice thank you very much.
I do a bi-annual trip to Thailand most years and this year is no different. I come here in search of rare Honda parts amongst other interests and have done very well in the past both in interests and parts. Alas; pickings in recent years is not like the good old days. Years past I’ve snavelled goodies such as NOS recessed switches, early cables, a few instruments here and there and the odd handle bar switch to name a few. I gave up on Europe when Gerard started trolling the parts lockers, Japan is a dead end with the snavellers they have there, Mr Swan and JT have closed the US market and Tom Courtney cleaned out the Ozzie Honda dealers way way back, so, all’s that’s left is Asia which is my area of (sort of) expertise 😁.
Did you know that Asia is the home of the Honda Cub. Yeeeees indeed. For those that don’t know a lot, and that’s most of you, the Cub is the largest selling vehicle on the planet. That’s cars, trucks, trains, planes and go carts. Mr Honda produced over 45 million of these little devils and they are still in production.
Anyway the point of this post is to tell you about my good friend Bo and me and our mutual like for a very nice beverage made in Belgium. Not that you lot will know this but Belgium has 3 things that make it quite unique. First it’s capital, Brussels, is the home of the EU Secretariat and one of the three headquarters for NATO. Second most local people speak 3 languages, but 5 is not uncommon (French, German, Flemish the main languages including Dutch and English) whereas you lot are barely able to speak English let alone write it (evidenced by the fact you canna post anything on this board). Thirdly, they are probably more famous for their beer (and to some Hercule Poirot which you can Google). Yes beer. I do like a good beer 🍻 (cheers big ears) and this lot make some of the best beers on the planet and let me tell you my IQ has probably deteriorated because of this (cheers big ears) Why am I writing this you ask Well!
I went to buy a new backpack 🎒 form a place called Platinum 1, not to be confused with Platinum 2, the purpose of which was to better pack my bike helmet ⛑.  I always take an open face helmet with me to Asia for when I hire a scooter or motorbike. Very wise to use a helmet when riding in Asia, although the brain dead Millennials and testosterone overloaded, tattoo covered, “I know how to ride a bike” males of our species don’t need to wear this useless item. Anyways, my current backpack doesn’t quiet allow my helmet to fit. The third floor of Platinum 1 is solely for the sale of bags, just bags (wife excluded) and nothing else. So I got my backpack and me and my 2 bags left 😂.
On my 1.6 klm walk home I spotted this cafe. Not just any cafe, but one notable in its name being the “Beer Beef and Burger Bar” cafe. No big brown bears allowed, but those who Iike a nice ale are most welcomed. Did you hear the one about the big brown bear that went to the beer, beef and burgundy bar and beat the bouncer and bashed the barman cos they wouldn’t serve him a beer. Well that’s another story.
Given I’m 1.3 klms into my trek I was, by this time, very parched indeed so enter I did. Oh dear. Behold! There on tap is my favourite drop. Genuine draft, not bottled, but off the temprite weis bier, white beer, wheat beer. Yep, some off the wall cafe in an obscure street in Bangkok serving draught weisbeir.🍺🙏🏻
The name of this golden nectar you ask “Hoegaarden” Yes 👍
Bo has one up on me in that he has been to the town that this precious nectar is brewed. Oh well, I’m at least sitting here enjoying this fine brew
Cheers big ears

sounds like great fun!  on your next beer run, do write another post to follow up after your last brew!  ps - please send me a Cub, i've always wanted one!

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Damn, the beer looks good right now!  ;D ;D Yup, the board IS pretty damn quite these days. I guess they're just aren't as many finds out there lately and when there is, a good percentage of the owners don't want to take the time to contribute. They'd rather plagiarize our content, post on Facebook where they get ooo's and awe's and half the time, misinformation. For many, "correctness" means nothing. To each their own I guess. Anyway, I've ranted enough. Cheers my friend and enjoy.

[size=