Honda CB750 Sandcast

The Brighton bike fully 'restored' ?????

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Hmm ...jury out on this one !

Joe K

• View Profile
I don't understand why they restored it.  Lost all of its original patina, etc.  I can't imagine it ever being worth as much as they recently paid for it in original condition.

Joe K.

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Ok three down one to go..... Where is the Green one?
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I only studied one silencer (muffler) closely but it was stamped HMCB750....The type fitted to early diecasts for German and possibly other non-US,Non-UK bikes. I could be wrong but I think these were the pipes fitted when it was auctioned. Owner not remotely interested in the pair of original(confirmed) carbs I had from it and showed him. This is all  a real shame. I can just picture Mr. Swan crying into his beer (and rightly so) when he reads this post.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hearing that info Ash, all I can say is that's disappointing
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:25:19 am by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
It must be said that this guy does not have the same vision and the same approach to Sandcasts as you guys who are passionate ....And it is certain that it is better not to touch anything rather than to arrive at such a bad result...But I'm sure he's happy with what he did ... (or destroyed !!) ;D ;D
And for the HMCB750, they were originally designed for the market French & German and they equipped the Sandcasts, then the K0 and finally the K1...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:30:40 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I only studied one silencer (muffler) closely but it was stamped HMCB750....The type fitted to early diecasts for German and possibly other non-US,Non-UK bikes. I could be wrong but I think these were the pipes fitted when it was auctioned. Owner not remotely interested in the pair of original(confirmed) carbs I had from it and showed him. This is all  a real shame. I can just picture Mr. Swan crying into his beer (and rightly so) when he reads this post.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
At the time of its auction, 2110 was part restored and as such its restoration had to be completed. Sadly a number of incorrect pattern parts have been used. The owners have given the impression that originality is of limited importance, both in their response to Ash as reported above, and in conversation with myself.
Having kept its original master cylinder and metal rake pipe for many years now in the hope of it being re-united with the bike, I have concluded that that these items are better placed elsewhere. They are leaving the UK tomorrow on their way to a new appreciative owner.

Chris R. :( :( :( :(
Chris R.
302/338

Joe K

• View Profile
It sounds like the guy who owns the bike is wealthy and isn't concerned about the originality, museum or resale value.  Just knowing that it is one of the first bikes of a very historic run.  Restoring it and enjoying for what it is.  A one of three of kind pre-production bike.  Oh well life is short.  To each their own I suppose.  It was sure exciting to see how much he paid for it.

Joe K.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
At the time of its auction, 2110 was part restored and as such its restoration had to be completed. Sadly a number of incorrect pattern parts have been used. The owners have given the impression that originality is of limited importance, both in their response to Ash as reported above, and in conversation with myself.
Having kept its original master cylinder and metal rake pipe for many years now in the hope of it being re-united with the bike, I have concluded that that these items are better placed elsewhere. They are leaving the UK tomorrow on their way to a new appreciative owner.

Chris R. :( :( :( :(
Well done Chris. The owner of 2110 deserves nothing less, or should that be nothing more. Also, despite spending thousands with a well known UK Honda parts seller over the years, I won't buy another item from them, ever.
Yabba Dabba KP

Gregg

• View Profile
I don’t think the jury is out on this anymore. Guilty of a bad decision to neither leave it as purchased or to restoring back as close to its original condition as possible.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This is a real shame. Lots of history lost by what this guy did.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

4pots1969

• View Profile
She has lost half of its historical value... But he will understand better his mistake if he tries to resell it someday...