Honda CB750 Sandcast

Swedish sandcast listed at Mecum

Kevin M

• View Profile
A very nice sandcast from the Swedish MC Collection is listed at the Mecum auction on Friday January 25.  Lot number F157.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0119-362339/1969-honda-cb750-sandcast/

It's a very interesting bike with nicely painted front and rear fenders, dual disks, low bars (with cruise control?) and a steering damper.
2293/E2456
2565/E2734

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
This red sandcast #2134/2201 is a very nice bike. It came to sweden the first week of August 1969 together with my ”race inspired” red sandcast #2136/2079.#2134/2201 (I will check enginnumber tomorrow to be sure) is also light race converted with dualdiscs, alloyrims, K1 carbs, german handlebar. When I saw it in sweden it still had a thinlipped alternatorcover. It is a real nice patinabike, never restored. Will be interesting to see what it will go for.
Kind Regards, Bo from sweden.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
the attendee's of these auctions do offer me a bit of intrigue.  what are the demographics of auction winners during this decade?  what auction winner demographic could we suspect or anticipate in another 10, 20 or 30 years?  how will machine values shift in the next 10, 20 or 30 years?  what will be some factors creating these shifts in values?  what will demographics of prospective buyers look like in the next 10, 20, 30 years? 

another thing to contemplate, there are literally thousands, if not 10's of thousands of these 60's, 70's era Japanese motorcycles in existence.  there are individual collectors with 200, 300, 400 and even more motorcycles in their possession and many of the machines are in good to excellent condition.  it seems reasonably certain first year units will be more desirable and at the least hold their value if not go up in value.  who will be able interested and have money to spend on these different bikes?

bojje

• View Profile