Honda CB750 Sandcast

gretting from France!

scuba2a · 12 · 2704

scuba2a

• View Profile
Woody all!

I am in France and had olways been a motorcycle enthousiast, as far I can remember, my first big motorcycle was a K0 at the age of 19, so I am the proud owner of a 1970 sandcast for 39years now!
My bike is at my parents in Mainland 800km of my home in an island in Mediterranen see, so I can't really use it as often as I would like, but it's in good working order, and is full origin; SUe it(s not as beautiful as the ones I saw here, but it's mine ;)
Sorry for my English guys!

Take care
Jean-Louis

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Do you have a photo of your Sandcast as the French Sandcast are very special.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Welcome Jean-Louis!  looking forward to hearing again from you!  We love pictures!  Pictures are very easy to upload from your computer to the forum.  If you need help, please ask!  PS - you do not have to apologize for your English any more than i should apologize for my French!  Thank goodness for Bing translator so we can share!

Bienvenue Jean-Louis!  j'ai hâte d'entendre à nouveau de vous!  Nous adorons les photos!  Les photos sont très faciles à télécharger à partir de votre ordinateur sur le forum.  Si vous avez besoin d'aide, s'il vous plaît demander!  PS - vous n'avez pas à vous excuser pour votre anglais pas plus que je devrais m'excuser pour mon Français!  Dieu merci pour le traducteur Bing afin que nous puissions partager!

scuba2a

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for your welcome.
I am figuring out how to post some picks, sorry for delay, I am all but not computer smart......

JL

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
JL, i've never been computer smart myself.  but, loading/posting pictures from your computer on this site is simple.  I am going through the process of loading pics as i write this...  Click on "Additional Options," then click on "Choose File" next to "Attach," where you can select the file in your computer where you keep pictures, then open that file, click or "select" on the picture you want to upload to your thread, click on open and the picture(s) will upload.  once you have all the pics you ant to post, then click on "Post," and BOOM! you are done.  One important thing is to have your picture (kilobytes) is not too large and not too small.  always try to be >1200 kilobytes or the picture will appear to small on  your thread.  and not too big (too many kilobytes) so the picture is a monster you can only see parts of without scrolling up and down and side to side.  as i have just about exceeded what i know about the process, just experiment loading pictures, good luck and ask questions when needed.

Thanks a lot for your welcome.
I am figuring out how to post some picks, sorry for delay, I am all but not computer smart......

JL

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Wellcome to sandcast forum, Jean-Louis!

Having that bike for 39 years is great. I started with a CB400 when I was 18 in 1978, had my first K0 with 23.

We would like to know the VIN of that bike, bien-sur.

Have fun!

Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Jean-Louis.

Nice bike you have there!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

acruz

• View Profile
Hi there Jean-Louis.  Welcome.  Very nice gold Sandcast.  it looks like it has an early cut-off switch without a pointer.  What's the history on your sandcast?
Arnold

scuba2a

• View Profile
Hope the pictures are going to appear.....thanks for how to Steve (my computer show different command.....)

Number VIN CB 750E-1041575/CB750-1041286

In the pictures the bike has K2 carburator (far easy to adjust), and K2 left switch handiest with beam/hight beam on same knob, the emblems are missing. But I do have all original parts.

The bike had a tought history the first years of it's live. I got it in 1979, but I know it since 1976 whenit had been stored in a garage by police (the owner of this garage was a friend of my father), after it had been stollen then seized. I imediatly focused on the bike and bought as soon when it was sold by Government in 1979. It was in good shape and all complete.
I was 18, you know how we are at this age, I imediatly got it painted in a new color and equiped the bike like a race machine.......Latter in the 85's I got most modern bikes (Kawasaki 1000R, Godier-Genoud......), but I never sold this CB.

scuba2a

• View Profile
Sorry for really bad quality of pictures in my previous post specialy the 3rd, but at least it had worked!

4pots1969

• View Profile
La bienvenue Jean-Louis sur le Forum des Sandcast :)  
Un membre en + et venant de France, ça fait toujours plaisir !! ;)

scuba2a

• View Profile
hello 4pots1969, je t'ai envoyé un MP ainsi qu'un mail sur ton adresse perso, il semble que tu ne les ai pas lu. Si tu peux jeter un œil et voir si tu peux m'aider. Merci d'avance.

Sorry for this exange in French guys, I just told 4pots1969, I have sent him a personage message, but seems he missed it!