Honda CB750 Sandcast

Found A 1969 - What to Look For?

Wayne · 63 · 14778

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
lol @ rabble. Over here KP the mudguard (or mud flap) would be the rubber thing that hangs off the fender, which is probably why my fender has two extra holes at the lower outer edges.  :(

It would sound funny if you hung a mud flap from a mudguard??  ::)

Maybe those extra holes were a Canadian content option for the snowy winters. Option BAM. Big Assed Mudguard?
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve Swan asked me to locate the case date codes if I could. I found the top one OK, just to the left of the green dot. It is:

E-1

Can anyone help point me to the location on the lower case? This bike sits kind of low. I just realized there is no centre stand! On top of that I just had laser eye surgery and have to be a bit careful digging around.

The only number I see on the back side of the lower case appears to be 130. It is stamped, not cast like the upper number.
[size=

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If it works out  ??? , picture of date on lower crancase of engine #338.

This motor has NO DATE on the upper case - it seems that at this time, upper cases were not dated.

All you guys with early serial number bikes (in fact any and everyone), please check date information and location so we can update the VIN directory.

Thanks - Chris R

Chris R.
302/338