Honda CB750 Sandcast

Opinions Please

kp · 24 · 3392

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
KP,
Keep it the original color and document the fact that it came from the factory in B-G skins with photos. If when lining all your Sandy's up, you find you have an odd number of matching colours, buy another to even out the stable.
One must have balance in their life!
DW
:D :D :D :D :D :D I wish

i'm still waitin' for the trade.....

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Since I know you as I is an original-freak I am quite sure you will later regret changing colour. I therefor recommend it blue/green and also only polished, not repainted if not necessary.
Kind regards, Bo from Sweden.

4pots1969

• View Profile
And why not make a red K0 set for you when you wanted to go for a ride? And keep the original parts by remaking them in Blue Green? This would be the best compromise and this will allow you to have a clear conscience...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:34:26 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi!
Since I know you as I is an original-freak I am quite sure you will later regret changing colour. I therefor recommend it blue/green and also only polished, not repainted if not necessary.
Kind regards, Bo from Sweden.

what Bo said.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
For me it would have to be the colour it left the factory, ie, b-g.

Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks everybody for the feedback on this. I'm anal, and sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. I would like red but agree it should stay the color it left the factory. Sorry Mr Swan.
Yabba Dabba KP

Prospect

• View Profile
I think that once you go with a full restoration it doesn't matter what colour you chose.  It is no longer original paint so go with a colour you like.
Vin 256/106

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback
Here is a recent photo pair of #28 which has had the engine pulled to unlock and has had a full detailed clean undertaken, chrome buffed and other items such as a new brake and carb kits. I've also replaced a few unserviceable parts such as fork bellows, an early sandcast bottom triple clamp as the lugs were broken off the original, re-anodised RH switch as it didn't have a correct one when I got the bike. I also gave the alloy a minor clean and re-cleared. Everything else is period correct for an early sandcast. Some work still to be done.
Now my dilemma is the paint. The airbox is toast with more cracks than the polar ice shelf and more brittle than thin toffee, both side covers have a minor crack each, (yep and a RH side cover badge) the tank paint is not nice especially the right side, has a few dents here and there and has already had a bad repaint (I think). My thoughts are it needs a new coat of jam.
Yabba Dabba KP

DW69K0

• View Profile
Wow, you have put a lot of elbow grease into this one to bring this bike back looking so nice. Nice work KP!
Love the originality.  :D Excellent looking brake lines and MC cap.
DW