Honda CB750 Sandcast

non 750 sandcast?

imabass

• View Profile
My question is are the other non 750 bikes like the 450 aslo sandcast? Are they as rare as the 750 stuff? I stumbled upon a 69 cb450 for cheap but I know nothing about these.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The only other I know of is the CBX 1000 Z. Apparently there were only about 50 sandcast at the start. Now that is RARE!

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

imabass

• View Profile
Thanks for the info. Yes indeed if there were only 50 that would be very rare. Although any good cbx is hard to come by. I have been looking for a good engine to put in a lowered rigid frame.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Some of the CB1100R engines were sand cast as well KP
Yabba Dabba KP

chrisnoel

• View Profile
If you want a rare 450 you have to go for the 65 to 67 K0.  An all original 65 would be the rare one if it had all the first year only goodies on it but I have never heard of any of them being sandcast.  The 68 K1 is also going to be a good collector bike as it was the first candy color honda.  The 69 is a nice bike but don't put too much money into one unless you just love it.  If you have to ride your collectable bike the 68 would be much more rideable than the K0 as honda improved the gear box and oil pump that year.    
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:55:11 pm by chrisnoel »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Chris
Good to see you are a member of the club. Not too much on the CB450s though. Remember, this is a sandcast/K0 site after all. Cheers
KP  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP