Honda CB750 Sandcast

Rear Brake Plate

kp · 6 · 1871

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The early Sandcast backing plate was made using a sandcast process with later plates being diecast. Don't know at what frame number these early brake plate changed to diecast type. Even though the response when asking owners to check what they have is either very low or non-existent, I'll ask again. When you next have your rear wheel off or you are able to check, can you respond here and advise what type you have and your frame number. The attached photo shows the two types. Thanks
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
Here’s the one that came off #97.

Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
That early sandcast item has no casting date. Don’t know if the casting date came with the new plate but VIN 1983 has that date on the plate.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Correct, These are sans a date code. Bo suggests these may be unique to the solid "no hole" rear hub and he could be correct.
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here’s the one that came off #97.
Thanks Mark. We can always rely on you to post. Appreciated
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
KP, as always, good stuff from you.  unfortunately, i'm not inspired to remove 232's rear wheel, but when i took delivery of it, it did have the era correct rear wheel on it.  Thanks to those who contribute to the threads KP posts.

The early Sandcast backing plate was made using a sandcast process with later plates being diecast. Don't know at what frame number these early brake plate changed to diecast type. Even though the response when asking owners to check what they have is either very low or non-existent, I'll ask again. When you next have your rear wheel off or you are able to check, can you respond here and advise what type you have and your frame number. The attached photo shows the two types. Thanks