Honda CB750 Sandcast

Facebook "CB750 K0 Sandcast and Diecast"

4pots1969

• View Profile
I do not know if it was shared here...
Some photos never seen for some and found on Facebook "CB750 K0 Sandcast and Diecast"

Caption of the first photo :
Once upon a time in 1969 IOM.Tom Philips on Honda CB750 #2110.
A friend of mine was there and got a test ride. Then he went home and ordered one...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:07:40 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thank you Gerard for some amazing personal pictures from "back in the day."  Who is Tom Philips?  The CB750 really was a "milestone motorcycle."  Not only was the CB750 elegantly well executed in aesthetics, it was well engineered and to top that off manufactured by a country that had atomic bombs dropped on two of its major cities barely 24 years earlier.  Honda accomplished what had been tried since FN began in 1905 - produce an attractive, affordable 4 cylinder motorcycle that was reliable and requiring minimum maintenance.  Up until the expensive MV Agusta's 600 Tourer became available for retail purchase in 1966, the design and technological challenges of putting the idea of a transverse 4 into a large production numbers was impractical and thereby unaffordable to the retail buying public.  Honda created then what we take for granted now.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If I recall correctly, Tom Philips was a motorcycle racer back then, most likely competing at the 1969 Isle of Man TT.
The bike shown up in the air is the green pre-production bike at the 1969 Brighton show, never again seen or heard of? The Gold bike #2110 was at floor level at that show.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

4pots1969

• View Profile
If I recall correctly, Tom Philips was a motorcycle racer back then, most likely competing at the 1969 Isle of Man TT.
The bike shown up in the air is the green pre-production bike at the 1969 Brighton show, never again seen or heard of? The Gold bike #2110 was at floor level at that show.
Chris R.

Thanks you Chris.R for explanations ;)