Honda CB750 Sandcast

Take of parts needed, 69 sandcast

Joe1028

• View Profile
Before I do a complete restoration in a year or so I wanted to do a minor upgrade .The bike I picked up had rust on a lot of chrome and hardware and would like to find guys who have decent take offs to use.
Fenders,  rear shocks, levers,
Triple clamp center stem cap nut, headlight screws. Headlight rim.
All chrome triple clamp bolts and nuts .turn signal bolts front turn signal stems, fork cap bolts, clutch cover and any hardware (zinc) that is in good condition but not good for a restored bike.

69cb750

• View Profile
There are used fenders on ebay, mostly newer, a guy in vietnam sells new sandcast (cut) fenders
Used shocks are usually in poor share (yours are after market).
I bought a used stem nut, same price as new - https://www.ebay.com/itm/323878769435?hash=item4b68add31b:g:VbUAAOSwxOBdSvuS
Tree bolts - https://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_144_72&products_id=191
Frame bolt set - https://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_185_114&products_id=129

I have an original paint 70, I bought used parts on ebay, the cost is about the same as new parts.
Think about if you want a restoration or an original paint bike.

Joe1028

• View Profile
At this point I just want to see how good I can do it with out ruining the patina and look.

I'm positive there are plenty of take off parts sitting around that are used on all early cb750s, i just have to locate a person who did a restoration and has some t make off items in good shape..
 Hopefully someone will see post and can help out..
Thanks for your help...
Joe

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Marty, the shocks are K1 and the seller is a #@*$!. An original double cut fender is going to cost BIG $$$ and the ones sold from Vietnam are no that good. Most of the other stuff is common through K0, K1 and some on K2 so don't sweat it, but yes keep it as original as you can.
Yabba Dabba KP

Joe1028

• View Profile
Hi guys...
I think for that money I will wait or buy repop but I thank you for the information and help...
Joe

69cb750

• View Profile
Marty, the shocks are K1 and the seller is a #@*$!.
kp,
The guy asking questions is "Joe" unless his name is Marty.
Is pound, at sign, star, dollar, explanation a good or bad seller ?
The way you wrote I am guessing bad, please explain what you mean.

An original double cut fender is going to cost BIG $$$ and the ones sold from Vietnam are no that good.
True

Most of the other stuff is common through K0, K1 and some on K2 so don't sweat it, but yes keep it as original as you can.
Joe,
Are you keeping the bike original or restoring ?
There is a big difference.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:08:14 am by 69cb750 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
69cb750 - My bad with the name Marty. I don't need to explain anything and I don't intend putting the site in a libel situation with something I say. Let's just say the seller is not one I use and as I already said, those shocks are K1.
I know the statement about the Vietnam fenders is true. Your point is?
Joe already stated what his intention is with the following
Before I do a complete restoration in a year or so I wanted to do a minor upgrade .The bike I picked up had rust on a lot of chrome and hardware and would like to find guys who have decent take offs to use.
Fenders,  rear shocks, levers,
Triple clamp center stem cap nut, headlight screws. Headlight rim.
All chrome triple clamp bolts and nuts .turn signal bolts front turn signal stems, fork cap bolts, clutch cover and any hardware (zinc) that is in good condition but not good for a restored bike.
I'm not sure Joe could make it any clearer
Maybe my letting him know other models have these common items will broaden his search.
Yabba Dabba KP

Don R

• View Profile
 Z1 parts had a set of original shocks listed recently, as well as repro sandcast that are pretty good except with a 5 way adjuster.