Honda CB750 Sandcast

Starting Work on CB750-1001250

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Back from the painter today and the results are VERY satisfactory.
John D.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile

acruz

• View Profile

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Fenders, instrument backing plates and rims are at Cambridge Chrome. Nice set of spokes/nipples arrived today. Dismantled the front forks today and ordered seals and boots. Not really working on this project at the moment, but lining everything up for a Winter 2021/22 build. Went through the “chopper” end to end and planning a test ride soon. Carbs are on the bench for a good cleaning. The engine is a very early (Jan ‘70) diecast, built up by Hensley Performance in Dearborn Mich. Alloy rods, big pistons and a FUBAR straight exhaust. Good fun!
John D.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Wayne..... thanks! It’s got me totally intrigued and sure is fun. I just have to finish the carbs and a “test ride” is next.
John D.

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Just for fun..... The chopper is finished and really is a hoot. The engine came from Hensley Performance in Dearborn Michigan. Described (by the original owner) as having “big pistons, alloy rods and a cam” it runs on KZ1000 Mikuni carbs.  Pulls like a freight train and is very loud on the period FUBAR pipes!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:31:19 am by BenelliSEI »
John D.

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Chrome came back from Cambridge! Very nice work..... frame is painted and I was not going to start, but a rainy day got me clearing a few holes and test fitting a few bits......
John D.

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Chrome came back from Cambridge! Very nice work..... frame is painted and I was not going to start, but a rainy day got me clearing a few holes and test fitting a few bits......
John D.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Love watching another sandcast resto underway. So far looks great. Waiting for the next update.

PS: did the chopper ever sell? I saw you had it on eBay.
[size=

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Chopper sold, going to Indiana! Instruments are back!
John D.

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Thinking about the original tank. Looking for a paintless dent remover wizard. It has no cracks in the original paint and the inside is good. Pop the dents, rub it down and fresh clear coat?
John D.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ive had great luck with paintless dent repair. The dents in this tank look shallow with no creases, so I expect you will have a great result.

I would not clearcoat original paint. It's only original once.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Check with John at Connery Custom Paint in Scarborough. I’m pretty sure he told me he has a guy that will do tanks. Not all will.

http://www.connerycustompaint.com/
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:32:33 am by Wayne »
[size=

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Wayne..... Never thought of him. He painted my Benelli SEI and cb750F. Fantastic work.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:23:07 pm by BenelliSEI »
John D.