Honda CB750 Sandcast

Insurance ?

jimwho · 4 · 1774

jimwho

• View Profile
Does anyone have any advice on getting the proper insurance coverage in case of theft , fire etc. ?
I can imagine a company not wanting to pay full  value , because that old bike can't be worth much.
Should a person document some recent sales as proof of value?

thanks, Jim

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Jim
With any bikes I have owned that I felt were worth more than a used sticker price I just get them appraised and goes with insurance companies who deal with such beasts. In the case of a sandcast, being over 40 years the appraisal would be a must to get insurance on it here in Canada.

Insurance companies will say something like this about insuring Vintage motorcycles:

Older bikes, depending on condition, will often need to be appraised before insurance companies can assess proper risk.
[size=

jimwho

• View Profile
Thanks, Wayne

I will contact my ins. co. and question them about appraisals.
My dealings with ins. claims have not always been great, if you know what I mean.
No offense meant to any insurance agents on here.

Jim

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No problem Jim. Unless your insurance company specializes in insuring Classic Motorcycles they will probably refer you to one who does. This is a popular one in Canada for specialty Motorcycles:

http://www.homeforchrome.com

I'm sure your area will have similar companies.
[size=