Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Insurance

fasted · 4 · 1815

fasted

• View Profile
Hi All,

What type of insurance do you have on your Sandcast?  What Company are you using?  How much is your bike insured for?  Did it require a special inspection?  How much was the coverage?  My standard company is balking at giving me more than $4k in insured value.

Thanks,

ED

donzie

• View Profile
ED, I have been using Hagerty collector car Insurance for many years. It is an agreed value policy.... the going rate last time I looked was about $8 per $1000. In other words if you say your bike is worth $10,000 it will cost you $80 per year / full coverage. 

fasted

• View Profile
Wow,

Thank you very much for that lead.  That is very reasonable.

ED

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I have agreed value coverage through USAA and I'm sure that GIECO offers it as well.  USAA only offers agreed value coverage as a full coverage plan but it is also very reasonable.  Three motorcycles and a four wheeler are costing me $37.00 a month and all are on full coverage.  $3000.00 for two of the motorcycles each and the four wheeler and $9000.00 on the Sandcast.  I have pictures and as much documentation to back them up as possible but I sure don't want to test how this agreed value will work out in the event that I get ripped off.  It's hard enough getting insurance to treat you fairly even on a recent model vehicle. 

When you talk to the sales person and tell them your motorcycle is worth 9k and they don't even check it kinda makes me wonder.  I bet they'll do all sorts of checking and back peddling when the chips are down.