Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast ignnition switch

Guest · 4 · 1791

Tony Wohlers

Hello.
are there anyone of You who knows about reparing these ignition switches. I have a switch nr. 1796, and the key fall out in the ign. position.
Ok, the sw. is maybe a little bit old.
Tony.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I've brought them back from the dead several times and I can open the back with no evidence of tampering.  Spare parts sometimes require buying standard ignitions that have the same first digit.  Example T1759 reqires parts from any T1### ignition.  I'm not able to re-chrome them as I have not found a plater that will be able to save the pot metal or attemt to do the work with the metal housing still on the back.  christopher_noel92@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:55:23 pm by chrisnoel »

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I succesfully yellow  chromate passivate zinc plated the rear housing on mine at home without removing the chromed part.

Cheers

Ash

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Yes my very limited experence with the keys is the first digit is the key blank type and where the slots in the key blank are located and the last three digits is in regard to the tumbler cuts in the blank, i have noticed that some keys with the same last three digit numbers will work or may work check it out Regards Tom
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956