Honda CB750 Sandcast

interest survey for jewels / gems reproduction

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
Hi,

Since I supply reproduction face plates, people asked me several times if I also supply the jewels. I am approaching plastic production companies and I have to say: it is not easy, because of the high initial labor costs for production of these jewels. The challenge is that the jewels have two formats and four different colors.
If I can find a shop that is able to produce these jewels in a smaller series, say 100-150 pieces, the price for a set of four will be not cheap.

When I decide to produce these jewels and invest a lot of money in it, I need to know if there is a certain demand.

Who is intentionality interested in these jewels?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:30:24 am by Lecram »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I would purchase a set. 

Difficult to answer, i understand, what guess estimate for price of 4 jewels ?

The problem jewel is the yellow jewel, always fades to clear. 

Consider reproducing only yellow jewel, to keep costs low ?

Other jewels usually intact and can be reused, unless warped by sun/heat.

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
Thanks Steve,

I have here about 15-20 used K0 and K1 gauges and the biggest problem is not the discoloring, but the deforming by the heat of the bulbs. And that happens with all the jewels.

I can also consider to produce clear transparant jewels and paint these with a transparant colored paint. That is not original, but has the same look as original and could be much cheaper.

donzie

• View Profile
There is a guy somewhere in eastern US that repops lots of honda parts in rubber & i think plastic I will try to find him & will post