1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep, I was following that one Mark. Way out of my reach!
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Parts commanding such prices bring home the desireability of the sandcast CB750's.  As a point of reference, i paid $2200 for my 19litre, complete w/ short neck tap, badges and cap in 2006.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a mate who has hoarded away many many many very hard to find parts that fit a later model Honda marque. He will never use these parts because his bikes are pristine originals but he has said to me he won't sell the parts either; ever. Hmmm!
I must say I have a somewhat different view. If these rare items are of little use to the owner then I think it is a good thing they are put out there for others to at least buy/bid on, thus they get the chance to finish their restoration. It may be that this is the only part they need to complete their project. Yes the person with the big bucks generally gets the worm and that's the way it is.
At the same time there is little reason for a seller to give that extremely rare part away. As you all know, we spend BIG bucks buying those hard to find items as nobody gives them to us. $600+ for a set of early carbs, $300+ for the 28 caps, $1000+ for a seat, $1500+ for NOS gauges and the list goes on. Yamiya charge a premium for their reproduction parts and yes they are good quality, but we still have to pay whether we like it or not and I have spent thousands over the years on parts. I recently bought a seat off a friend for not insubstantial  dollars but I needed the part and the fact he sold it to me to to add another original item to my bike made my day, week, month, and I think he was happy to see an item reused as intended.
A 19 litre tank is probably the rarest or at least equal to the rarest of all early parts to find and they are a once a year offer on ebay and no reproductions on the horizon. KP
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:09:57 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I have not seen 19 litre tanks available, "once a year" on ebay.  I remember seeing a 19L sell on ebay around 2002 for $950 (still have pictures of it somewhere) then the one i bought in 2006 for $2200 and now the one KP had on auction.  That's 3 tanks I've seen on ebay in the past 9 years.  Probably IS the most difficult part to find, along with 11mm mirror stems, followed by short neck fuel taps, smooth fabric oil lines and early RH kill switches, to name a few.