Honda CB750 Sandcast

Introduction

Somer · 2 · 1702

Somer

• View Profile
I just joined the forum.I can actually remember new CB750s when I was stationed in the Orient.We could get them for $995 ! Guys promptly screwed them up by flocking the tanks etc.
I bought my 1st on in 1984 at an auction of Zach Reynold's estate. (See Avatar). It was built by RC Engineering when Byron Hines was in the back room twisting wrenches. Over the years I've had several really low number bikes including 2 digit serial numbers. I have a stock one and a KO (diecast) that came from Japan.The Japanese market ones were slightly different.Taillights had amber side reflectors and an light that came on at  55MPH ?
 I have a great interest in early speed eguipment for Hondas. A whole no market was opened up with the introduction of the transverse multis.
Here is a pictur of Zach Reynolds.He was the grandson of R.J.Reynolds. He was a real gearhead who died in a plane crash. Google his name.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome aboard Somer. If I am correct it would appear you have quite an extensive background when it comes to the motorcycle world. A quick search took me to this article by Forbes stating:

"Experts like high-end broker Somer Hooker can spot whether a serial number has been ground down and restamped, since he knows all the different fonts used by manufacturers."

http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/29/antique-morotcycles-guide_cz_ms_0829bikes.html

I know we have seen sandcasts where the stampings have been in question. Nice to have another "expert" on the team!
[size=