Honda CB750 Sandcast

Second go on Ebay for 1718

Wayne · 6 · 1635

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Essentially, he's representing the bike as an original owner find, which he then cleaned, polished, painted and got a title for.  He notes the bike was chopped by the original owner, so one can wonder what the bike looked like when the seller took possession, what parts missing, how complete/incomplete.

The RH front engine/frame bracket has a hole in it as seen on post sandcast bikes.  Makes me wonder, why would a one owner fairly early sandcast have a bracket such as one would expect to see on a K1 and later ?  What happened, either while the original owner had the bike or after the seller took the engine out to clean things up ?

The bike's attractiveness for sale isn't helped with the ill fitting the seat cover, 341 exhaust, K1 mirrors, red kill knob and highly polished as master cylinder.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Bike has some things going for it but quite a few things not going for it.  One would want to see even a nice example of an early sandcast up close before biding.  I would think this one raises enough questions to make seeing it first hand critical.   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:14:44 pm by chrisnoel »

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
The tacho has a diecast drive body and it's fitted with faces from my webshop.

markb

• View Profile
Went for $12,100.  Seems like the seller did OK for what it was.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)