Honda CB750 Sandcast

GOOD NEWS - EARLY SANDCAST BRAKE HOSES REDONE

kp · 5 · 1910

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As many of you know, I had the early sandcast brake hoses made using a set of original hoses as a template and the results were really very good. The only difference with these reproduction hoses was the yellow line (used to guide correct replacement of the banjo fittings) and the embossed certification of regulatory compliance (apparently a requirement for design rule certification in many countries). At the time I had these produced the manufacturer would not make these hoses without these markings.
Anyway, after much discussion and negotiation with the original supplier I was able to have these remade using plain ribbed hose on condition I place a minimum order. The reasoning given by the manufacturer was they had to have a hose specifically sourced to fit the specification.
The upshot is that I now have a new supply of both the early sandcast brake hoses, reproduced to near exact specifications There are no markings on the hoses whatsoever and the original ribbed pattern is retained. I will be listing these for members shortly.
Now to those who purchased my original hoses I feel compelled to provide you replacement hoses given I now have a better copy of the original. This second order has cost me a considerable amount due to quantities I’ve needed to order and the higher manufacturing price so I really don’t want to lose any more on this project than I have. What I’m prepared to offer is to give you a new set of these hoses at a cost of $50 per pair plus postage. So let’s say you purchased a single pair of hoses, I’m willing to supply a replacement pair for $50 plus postage and for those that purchased 2 pair then the additional would be $100. You will need to contact me beforehand if you want to take up this offer, as I really am not sure who purchased what.
Below are photos of these new hoses. KP

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:02:59 am by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

Riccardo

• View Profile
Hi KP,

what news!!!!

I'm, for sure, interested in the replacement of the (2) previous yellow lines.

And add one more!!!

Let we know when you will be ready to do that.

P.s.:
Great person KP!!!
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

greenjeans

• View Profile
I'm also interested in a set.   Please let me know when your are ready.   Looks great.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm also interested in a set.   Please let me know when your are ready.   Looks great.

PM and email sent  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

jrfixit1

• View Profile