Honda CB750 Sandcast

Interesting 70 on Kijiji

Wayne · 9 · 2784

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's an intersting one close to me as well! (it's been a good day up here) Is it my eyes or does it appear that there could be an 11mm mirror stem on the right side???

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-other-RARE-1970-CB750-HONDA-in-SANDCAST-TRIM-W0QQAdIdZ327786965
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wayne, looks like you are on to something  ;D ;D  Go, dog, go :P :P  That RH stem does look to be a larger diameter  :o :o  How far is the bike from you  ??? ???  Sure would be nice to learn the vins    :) :)  The kill switch has a pointer.  The fuel tap lever looks later.  Has a rubber boot coming off master cyl.brake line.  Difficult to tell, almost looks like there is a 10th hole in clutch cover (makes my 20/1400 myopic eyeballs really squint, but i got 20/15 vision at 2 inches!)  The vin pad on crankcase looks to have the familiar peripheral ridge suggesting pressure cast cases.  Black side cover badges.  HM341 exhaust?  K1 style seat.  Aftermarket shocks.  Flat bars.  LOVE THAT 9teener!  Center stand appears to have no diagonal brace.  36,567 miles.  Early "8" bolts fixing master cyl.to handle bar.  Almost looks like later type crimp on oil line (SQUINTING REALLY HARD ;D)  WAYNE, GO SEE IT !!!!  HooWah !

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was within a few miles of the bike yesterday Steve but didn't find it until I was searching for info on the crated bike. :( If I were to buy it it would be for resale only as I have enough toys here to keep me going for a while and not quite enough cash to keep them all going!  ;) ;D
[size=

markb

• View Profile
If this is the bike I think it is, it's a 12xxx VIN.  Notice the add says "in sandcast trim".  But I think the same seller might have 397/E414 sandy for sale too.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:44:07 am by markb »
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Everything other than the 19L tank suggests not sandcast.    Why would a 12xxx bike be sold with a 19L tank ?  The tank's 'pert near worth what a 12xxx bike would be worth.  Well, at least almost.

Wonder if the 397 bike also has a 19L tank.

Bickle

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I sent him an email asking for the VIN and E numbers but no reply but Steve's confirmed that now. We see a lot of low VIN bikes in Canada. AS Wayne said probably a lot more discoveries to be made yet. I'd love them to be over here  :'(
Yabba Dabba KP

Bickle