Honda CB750 Sandcast

Greetings from Alaska

mrblasty

• View Profile
Hello all.  Last week I responded to an ad on craigslist for a "broken motorcycle" and went to pick up what I thought was a rough looking parts bike for my CB750K3. Seeing the bike in person I noticed that it was an earlier year than mine by the top clamp.  After unloading it I figured it to be sandcast by the frame and engine numbers and the texture of the cases.  The frame number is  3312 and the engine number is 3374.  Do you guys notice a difference in power between the KO motor and the later builds?  I'm not certain what I'm going to do with this bike now.   

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there, Welcome to the group. Suggest you get rid of the K3 and keep the sandi or sell it to me  ;D KP
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
Yes, welcome aboard.  The sandcasts do have a little more power than the later models.  Probably too much power for the slippery conditions you must encounter.  Plus if it's in as rough a condition as it sounds it's doubtful it would survive shipment to Australia but it should make it to Minnesota just fine.  ;)  ;D  Seriously, congrats on a nice find.  Got any pics? 
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

mrblasty

• View Profile
Haha, It's good to know I'm not the only parts buzzard on the internet ;D  I can post post pics later but she isn't much to look at.  It's missing the tank, seat and the front fenders are dented up.  It looks like an ice cap slid off the roof and landed on the fenders while it leaned up against the back of someone's house.  The odo reads less than 3000 miles and the cases are intact though.     

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
KP lives in a swamp and Mark lives in the deep freeze.  Send it to Colorado, where the the bike would remain preserved in a semi-arid/25% humidity environment where there are no icicles like in MN and nothing rots away like in OZ.

mrblasty

• View Profile
KP lives in a swamp and Mark lives in the deep freeze.  Send it to Colorado, where the the bike would remain preserved in a semi-arid/25% humidity environment where there are no icicles like in MN and nothing rots away like in OZ.
Well to be honest I don't have the money nor will to bring this bike back from the dead.  Chances are good I will sell it.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, being that Alaska looks more like an "extension" of Canada, perhaps that bike should be an "extension" of my collection! We wouldn't want it to go into climatic shock now would we boys???  ;D
[size=

mrblasty

• View Profile
Finally got around to getting a few pics of the beast.  It ain't pretty.  I did discover the cases hat taken a hit when I pulled the deflector off from in front of the drive wheel.   :-\
Here are a few pics.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:05:38 am by mrblasty »

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
That's a great find. A lot of work to do, but the main original parts are in place.

The gauges are K1 gauges. This bike needs sandcast gauges of the third series. If you need a set (they are rare), I have some in stock and these are for sale.

You need the gauges with this drive body:

mrblasty

• View Profile
Thanks Lecram.  The bike does need a lot of work, literally everything  ;D  I will be passing the bike along to someone who has the desire and resources to tackle the job.  I've was contacted by a few people who have expressed interest in the bike, and hope we can work something out.  It would be a shame for this bike to languish any longer.