Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast 6188 on eBay - nice almost orig machine

vnz00 · 6 · 1660

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The seller wrote me last Autumn about this bike.  We corresponded back and forth a couple times and i talked to him on the phone a couple times.  He is a very nice fellow, a retired LA policeman as i recall.  The story he shared with me last Autumn is the same as in his ad. 

Following his Dad's death decades past, the title was misplaced, he jumped through alot of hoops to meet the CA DMV requirments in order to get a replacement title so he could keep the original black California plate that came with the bike's first and only registration.

vnz00

• View Profile
Full restoration would be in the ballpark of more than the cost of the bike - between:
- Paint
- Chrome
- Other finishes
- Replacing Non-Orig Parts
- Refurbishing known good items
- Full Engine Rebuild + Machinework + Consumables
- New Pipes
- Tires (Tyres)

And thats if the bike is being restored in the USA - much more if you need to order parts and have them shipped to somewhere like Down Under ;)

But it has a nice history - basically a one owner, history known.  And it hasnt been built up from scratch with a mixture of parts - I find that if you want to do a complete restoration, its easier to work with good 80% original bike, rather than a set of frame and cases....

Good luck to the new owner and I hope they are/will be a member here.  I would say it would be a nice bike to recommision and ride as is.

Regards,
Steven.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:32:27 pm by vnz00 »

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I was going to chime in and say between 10 and 12 K based on my experience thus far with 576. I was a bit reluctant based on my limited experience, but Steven has come to a similar conclusion.

Even though 576 didn't appear to look as good as this bike when I obtained it, at the end of the day they both require the same amount of work to make the restoration as perfect as possible. Looks can be deceiving.
[size=