Honda CB750 Sandcast

Exhaust flanges first generation Sandcast -

Christoph

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I will make new stars for the manifold, if you're interested. These are re-cast.I have original patterns .

Replica cast iron in sand mold, then chrome .

Christoph

Here are some pictures so everyone will know what I am. Speak. I'm going to try very hard for the stars. Now I can not say how much it would be nice if many werden.Es to report so I can include this in my binding list For further information, I am very grateful. I know the exact execution, unfortunately, not the precise gradations when which got this machine. I will definitely make this for my machine. I will also produce more so that the production worthwhile. It is articulated take a while to finish this part, I hope this year still. The bikes are so old because it does not depend on this time. Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:46:00 pm by Christoph »

markb

• View Profile
I assume you are talking about the finned clamps that clamp the pipes to the flanges.  Are these the so-called fat fin clamps?  Any idea on price?
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Yamiya has listed for sale "fat fin" "early type" clamps with the radiused exhaust spigots (flanges) as sets on their website; states 30 sete were made.

I know Yamiya has sold the radiused spigots (flanges) as a set of four without the clamps.  

Possibly, Yamiya would sell a set of clamps without the spigots (flanges.)  One would need to contact Yamiya and ask.

For the record, at this point in time, we've identified two (2) clamp types:  

1.  Early "first" "fat fin" type.  Clamps  2 & 3, the back side of fins are flat so as to not foul the head.  The actual clamp part (where bolt goes thru) are positioned on spigot (flange) at an angle (2 at about 4 p'clock position - 3 at about 8 o'clock position.)  If not mounted at an angle, clamps 2 & 3 foul the fins on cyl.head.  All four clamps, fins are wider (thicker) than the later "last" type.

2.  Later "last" type.  Clamps 1 & 2 are same; left hand clamp.  Clamps 3 & 4 are same; right hand clamp. The back side of fins on all four clamps has radius.  Actual clamp part (where bolt goes through) are positioned on spigot (flange) at the bottom (6 o'clock.)  Fins on all four clamps not as wide (thick) as early type.

We have identified "fat fin" clamps fitted up to vin 2435.

vnz00

• View Profile
the yamiya repops for the fat fin clamps and early radiused flanges are here:
http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=142_88&products_id=696

Not cheap at almost $900usd ;)  but if you break it down to about $100/part to manufacture and refinish, then it starts to make sense with costs of plating.

The fat fin clamps might have made it to the 2400VIN mark, but the early radiused flanges would be a more limited market.  1853 has the fat fin clamps, but the flanges are not the early radiused type (but have the thinner mounting bracket/plate like the early radiused flanges).

so maybe if you were going to remanufacture just the fat finned clamps you would have more market and your kit would be cheaper, and applicable to more people, than the yamiya kit.

regards,
Steven.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Manufacturing parts is not a project for the faint of heart as Steven, KP and Mark know. 

Special thanks to each of you for you fine product.

If anyone needs the early type clamps, it wouldn't hurt to ask Yamiya if they will sell a set.

As i said earlier, Yamiya has sold sets of the early spigots, so one would think they may sell sets of the early clamps.

Christoph

• View Profile
Next week I will hopefully know more about the price, but they are made ​​in any case. It does not matter which are produced, the cost is the same. There have already logged some biker needs.

Christoph

• View Profile
Hello Guys,

The question again ann all, how should the relationship. Be fat from the production number, compared to the flat terminals clamping I need to know the number of manufacturing. What do make sense!

best regards

Christoph

Christoph

• View Profile
Good news, the stars are done, they now have only chrome yet. Please email me who needs that set, the number is limited, delivery in January 2013, should be communicated by this ad with the exact street address. I have had a lot of patience and effort so I'm very proud as they have become. I will email you pictures if they are chromed. The piece will cost € 75 ( one part ) , without shipping. I hope I have done something good for our machine, and many a favor done so. I am to the end of December and on the go. Everything else in your mailbox.The work has paid off.

Wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013th

best Regards

Christoph

Christoph

• View Profile
Hello Guys,

New views, they have become fantastic, there are 12 sets available, LIMITED number. The piece costs 75 €, to get the shipping fees. Anyone interested should please mail me.

Christoph