Honda CB750 Sandcast

Greetings, Introduction, Sandcast

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, the bike certainly needs a complete restoration with corrosion being the big ticket item Nevertheless it is a matching numbers bike and thus will command a price triple what would be obtained on say a mid series K0 in similar condition. If the bike was parted out it would likely realise $5k++ so I'm thinking $5k to $8k for a bike like Tom's would be a realistic sum. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

1941wld

• View Profile
KP,
I'm looking to build a Rickman CB750 and that bike would have made a nice donor. Any one out there have a Rickman frame or bike they want to sell? Let me know.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
KP,
I'm looking to build a Rickman CB750 and that bike would have made a nice donor. Any one out there have a Rickman frame or bike they want to sell? Let me know.

Hi Conrad
I have a friend here in Oz who has a Rickman but it's complete and based on a later model. A good friend had a Rickman when we were into bikes in the early 70s. I didn't know much about them in those years but do know he could hold another mate's Z1 at bay and run past him at all speeds over 100. Personally they never yanked my chain then or now but I spose each to their poison   :D
Let's face it, some like Harley, some like Ducati, hell! some even like Guzzi  ;D What can I say about a Rickman after that lot  :o
Cheers
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Erling

• View Profile
1941wld asks for a Rickman and a low vin donorbike. What about CB1676 engine 1638? (last 2 ciffers half ditto frame vin!) and a Seeley frame born to take the Sandcast. Though we shoehorned a CBX750 engine into it 25 years ago. Do not really know the diffrence to the Rickman except my Seeley was delivered in black paint to my demand. Am a little shy to let anybody know what bike I´m on. Got a Fireblade in ´96. The Seeley was a match to it up to say 70-80 MPH. Then the stability of the Blade is superior. This on little twisty country roads. But it has not been running for some years now. Friend with an R90S BMW  got a VFR Honda. BMW and Seeley were equal on power. A problem might be I do´t know about pictures, and even less how to put them into this forum. Only got one rearwheel. Got new brakeshoes some 10 years ago. O-ring chain was new with the CBX engine. The original sandcast lasted a chain some 1 or 2 K km. The Blade wears out a O-ring chain in some 30 K km. Mileage is not known. Speedo was only on for the autumn 1969 i.e. August-Oktober. Next year the Münch brake of my previous BMW was on for a trip to Italy ordering a 4 shoe Fontana brake. Frontwheel still stands with original 1969 tyre! Speedo shows 6655km. Though now frontwheel is an 18" comestar double disc. In a way I have to sell both at the same time. Some parts will be missing for both to be roadworthy. Have to face the fact I´m but an owner and user certainly not on leavel with what I see in this forum. The engine do turn, I us the the kickstart from time to time. Have a diecast engine for it too. Enlarged to some 8xx cc. A firce cam made it difficult to dial in, so the CBX was an easier choise.
Youers Erling.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Nothing wrong with Rickmans guys, i have two of them a cb750 engined one and a z1000 engined one, they are becoming a good buy for invesment
a bit uncomfotable with the cafe racer riding position, but very  to be seen on
pete