Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast oil filter housing - original versus replica

Joe · 19 · 8447

Joe

• View Profile
Dear all,
unfortunately all oil filter housings were sold.
I'm considering to produce a 3rd time oil filter housings since the demand was that high and selling that fast.
So whoever did not have a chance to order a filter housing this time will have another chance.
But it will be the last time since I'm doing this with nearly no margin on them - you're paying just for the manufacturing cost and shipping.

Anyhow thank you for the interest...
I will inform when more oil filter housing will be availbale again - not before the end of summer/year??  :-[

cheers
Joe

Joe

• View Profile
Dear Sandcast fellows,

the 3rd production of 25 sandast oil filter housings has just finished.
This is definitely the last production from my side. It is too much trouble and work for me.
The 3rd production is the best of all.

As you well know the round oil filter housing was used until frame number 1004148.
So whoever need this replica please inform me by mail...

So far I will finish 5 oil filter hosuings in my tool shop (available from next week - I will post another picture) and hold the remaining 20 housings as sandcasted raw item and only finish them uppon request.

By the sales price for this unit is 180Euro plus shipping (about 240US$, yes the $ went down against the Euro  :-[ )

cheers
Joe

Joe

• View Profile
Hi folks,
the work is done. Tool shop finish according to inner and outer specifications and final glass blead blasting of each unit!
Please find the pictures for the finished 3rd production (last) series.
You see on the top of the picture the sandcast molds (2 units) before final finish - in the middle area the finished replica molds (5 units) - and on the bottom the original sandcast oil filter unit!
The work is perfect. All outer dimensions are correct and 100% according to the original - no shrink discrepancy after the sandcast molding on the replicas compared to the original unit I have in my hands!
I would say thiese are the ultimative quality sandcast oil filter housings replicas! You wont get better and closer to the original.

Thanks to all of you who already ordered 11/20 units. I hope you enjoy the parts and that your bikes will look perfectly with these replicas. Let's keep the sandcast spirit alive...
cheers
Joe

Joe

• View Profile
Dear Sandcast fellows,

after my last production of oil filter housings back in 2014 I have started one more production of sandast oil filter housings that has just been finished and are ready for final treatment at the tool shop.
This is a new production from my side since some of you guys did ask me whether or not I could do another run.
This production is very professional and qualityvise superb exactly as the last one.

As you all well know the round oil filter housing was used until frame number 1004148??! Anyhow it is lookign cool on any sandcast!
So whoever need this replica please inform me by mail...and I can send you more details.

So I will finish another 30 oil filter hosuings at the tool shop which will be available by end of this year 2018.

The sales price for this unit is 220Euro or 240US$ plus shipping.

cheers
Joe