Honda CB750 Sandcast

re:oil filler cap

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 :) hi guys just a quick question for you honda experts ;)
 i bought a sandcast/ko(circa 1970) oil tank from the states the other week it came with a stainless steel filler cap same as they all have,the only thing about this one is there is no actual dipstick riveted to the inside of the cap and looks like it never has been, on closer inspection it only had one breather hole in the middle not the four that i have always seen ??? ok i thought this must be off another honda model , but at this monent in time , i cant think of another honda model that had a seperate oil tank except cb750's ,so if anybody knows what model honda this came off,and put my mind at rest,im thinking possibly 750 auto but really im stumped ,im presumeing all sancasts/k0's came with a dipstick ::)

cb7504

• View Profile
steff750 the cap you received is not for a cb750 auto the cb750 auto type is similar to the cb750f in size and shape with plastic cap. It does sound like you received a gas cap used on the early 1967-1973 HONDA CB175 CL175 CL100 XL175 XL100 CB350 CB450 SL100 motor cycles. 

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ;) thank you cb7504 thats the very same one, i was'nt thinking very fast this morning, i just could not think of any other models with a seperate oil tank cheers happy days  ::) so its a petrol cap
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:30:43 pm by steff750 »