Honda CB750 Sandcast

2008 Vic World Restoration- Price help

deacon · 7 · 1966

deacon

• View Profile
Steve and the rest of the experts.
 I have a fall of 2008 Vic World restoration with 1150 miles on it. I may or may not need to sell it. I am looking for help to get a estimate of what I should ask for it.

I have been able to avoid selling it in the past and hope to keep it but I need to pay some bills.
Any help with honest advise I would appreciate.

Serial number of frame is 6750
Date of Manufacture is 9/69

I would have to check engine SN but it is close as it is a Vic World Resto.

Here is a link to pictures of the bike.

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/deacon62/library/?sort=3&page=1

Thanks,
Deacon

deacon

• View Profile
Engine oil was changed @ 100 Miles. Changed again @ 500 miles using Dino oil and a new filter. Changed again @ 1000 miles and switched to Mobil 1 synthetic.
 I have 3 more new oil filters and 20 new  x22es-u Denso plugs and eight new x242es-u.
Currently the bike has the original plugs that Vic installed. I idles @ 1000 RPMS like a dream.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I would say most people who know of Vic World, recognize his work to be of the highest caliber.  Your bike looks as fresh as the day it was completed.   I'm not sure 1150 miles (engine is not even broke in) on the odo is of any significance, at least to a buyer who wants a sandcast built by one of the best sandcast restorers there is.  Were it mine, I'd be hard pressed to accept any less than what was paid for it.  If one were going to apply "used motorcycle" mentality, perhaps a thousand or two less. Generally speaking, I don't believe sandcasts go down in value.  On the other hand, I'd think obvious road wear would decrease the value of any great restoration.  If your bike has some road wear, considering a lower selling price than what was originally paid would probably be expected by a prospective buyer.  I don't have any experience with anything other than ebay, but I've heard Barrett Jackson or Pebble Beach auctions can bring high selling prices.  I guess, if the bike has to be sold, it will bring what the market will bear.

deacon

• View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply Steve.
 It has been a struggle to make ends meet now that I am retired. I have been real close to selling the bike for a few years. I winterized it 2 yrs ago and had not ridden it for that long. I filled her with fresh non-ethanol 93 OCT and took her out for the first time in 24 months.
What an intoxicating ride. The sound of the 300's, the pull of the motor it was 1969 again. I had the same color Sandcast that I bought used in 1970 and when I drove the bike I felt like 19 yrs old again.
I have other motorcycles, like my 2007 Screaming Eagle Harley. But they just don't have the same soul.
The only road wear on the Sandcast is on my old 62 yr old body. The nubs are just coming off the tires.
When I orderd the bike from Vic, I told him I wanted a driver so he put a nice set of up to date Dunlap tires on it. Other wise no one has touched this bike. 
I was getting worried that the bike was losing major value in this economy. You always have it in your head that the things you own have a certain value should you fall on hard times.
I think I will be alright, just need some reinforcement.
I don't post much but i check the website out all the time.
Thanks again,
Deacon

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I'm 61.  I understand, we've all got priorities.  Depends on what you enjoy riding the most, I'd have a really hard time selling the CB750 to keep the Harley, but then, I love my Guzzi's and have more than one favorite !  We're only temporary custodians of any of the bikes we own, so as time marches on each of us must make decisions.

PS-Damn, I wish Colorado had ethanol free gasoline.  Nowhere to be found in CO or Wyoming.  The farming and environmental lobbyists are strong in this state.  I'm mixing 4 gallons of 100 octane low lead aviation gas with 1 gallon of 87 octane ethanol free regular (picked up 5 gallons in Wisconsin.)  I plan to run 20 gallons of this 4/1 mix through 2157 to get a cushion on the valve seats.  When I run out of this mixture, I'll start running 91 octane 10% ethanol alternating with Startron and BG Ethanol Corrosion Preventer.

deacon

• View Profile
There is only one place around that sells non-ethanol. The country Mart station just outside of town. They have one pump for non-E 93 OCT and another pump for off-road diesel that is only $3 a gallon. I use that for my tractor.

deacon

• View Profile
BTW- The Harley is already up sale sale along with a lot of other toys. The 750 would be the last resort.