Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast VIN #446 on ebay

hewittj2

• View Profile
I am mainly putting this up just to get in touch with serious buyers to put her in the right home. I mentioned this was my goal in the original post, but after spending hours finding museums and sending emails to them I figure this is the best way to get the word out. It might meet the reserve though and I guess I have to sell it if it does. But here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290937326837#ht_68008wt_1112

vnz00

• View Profile
good luck hewitt! 
oh and any chance you can look at the date on the back of the owners manual before she goes?
thanks,
steven.

hewittj2

• View Profile
good luck hewitt! 
oh and any chance you can look at the date on the back of the owners manual before she goes?
thanks,
steven.
Sure can! I'll be back home tomorrow and can look then

CBman

• View Profile

kmb69

• View Profile
Pulled it with 23 bids up to $33,001 and a day or so to go. Unbelievable!

I had a gut feeling this would end up as a squirrelly operation. Too much hype and BS.

Probably didn't do much for our Sandcast prices sans the public notice.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I see that someone bid 50K and pulled it. Probably trying to find his reserve which still wasn't met at $33,001.00. I wonder if the 50K was the magic number? ;)

My gut was telling me something on this one as well kmb69. What, I'm not sure yet. I guess time will tell.
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Agreed, Keith.  From the git-go; bs & hype.  Not in it for the passion, but for the fever of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  

It's evident to me, going by much of the ebay ad wording, many sellers have leeched information specific from SOOC; there's no way they would know the detailed info they write in their ads about what they are 'auctioning' without seeing our website.  And, many selling generic CB750 parts calls them 'sandcast'.  until about 4-5 years ago, there used to be less than 100 'sandcast' items on ebay.  now there are 700-900 during any given period.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He said and I quote he wanted to "put her in the right home". Well damn, my home looks pretty "right" for another sandcast. :) He could have sold it to me for a reasonable price. As for the whole James Dean thing. Well IMHO it adds no value to the bike. Dean died in 55. It's kinda like saying I took 576 to Graceland and parked it near one Elvis's old cars, took some pictures so it's now worth more.  ;)
[size=

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ::) yes another gold digger blows his wade ,good old fleabay  it brings out the fattest parasites. even j leno showed an interest :D  I love for him to keep it and pass it on to his kids would'nt that be sweet :-*

gary

• View Profile
Man the bike looked good I have to be honest here I bid it to 29000 . Would have loved to had it for that. Is it worth more I guess we will never know . Hope there is something in mid Ohio next month . The thrill of the hut goes on

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The bidding stopped at $33k so I guess that's the value
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The bidding stopped at $33k so I guess that's the value

Still had a day or so to go KP. I think there were still those "last minute" bidders who may have taken a shot at this bike. Someone tried to see what the reserve was set at and bid 50k and retracted it. I guess only he/she knows if they met it. My gut tells me that with what Hewitt thinks he has, he probably had it set that least that high.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:30:02 pm by Wayne »
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ah! wasn't sure if it went the whole way. Methinks that it was close to its limit though. If anyone wants to pop $35k under my nose I would be tempted to let 248 go from the lounge room  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP